Wolverine BigBear Gear Swap.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the reply lucas98wolvy. i ended up getting a donor big bear to do the swap, had a bad switch tho. lucky I am an electrician and figured it out. now im going to use a toggle switch instead of Yamahas because its hard to just find the switch without everything else. deff the weirdest switch ive wired to date! haha

any good with part numbers? was looking to buy new front inner cv joints.
will 5GH-2510J-00-00 work the same as 4S1-2510J-00-00?
first number is 02 big bear and second is 06 and up. 06 and up is like a third of the cost? from what i understand is first three letters are model number as long as the rest of the numbers match it should be the same part correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so for those who must know, I have done the swap and its awesome, just as a reminder, IF you swap the entire Big Bear Gear set, not just the 4/5 gears, You need to use the entirety of the Big Bear 400s transmission, this includes the Big Bear's shift drum to as they reversed the position of the gear set of the 4/5 from the wolverine's gearset. So if you use the wolverine's shift drum the shift pattern ends up 1,2,3,5,4 lol, ask me how I know, I swapped the wolverines shift drum on the bench w/o realizing it. Was it a huge deal, no but it wasn't fun tearing down my motor after I put it together just to swap them.

Ok, so for those who must know, I have done the swap and its awesome, just as a reminder, IF you swap the entire Big Bear Gear set, not just the 4/5 gears, You need to use the entirety of the Big Bear 400s transmission, this includes the Big Bear's shift drum to as they reversed the position of the gear set of the 4/5 from the wolverine's gearset. So if you use the wolverine's shift drum the shift pattern ends up 1,2,3,5,4 lol, ask me how I know, I swapped the wolverines shift drum on the bench w/o realizing it. Was it a huge deal, no but it wasn't fun tearing down my motor after I put it together just to swap them.

What year Big Bear Front diff did you use? I want to upgrade mine to the push button 4x4 but I'm not sure about gear ratios or what year BB 400 front diff to buy. Thanks in advance.

Back