Wolverine 450 pilot screw question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakjack23

Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased a used 2006 450 last year and am doing a carb rebuild. I looked through a lot of posts here but didn't see anything in regards to the amount of turns I need to back off the pilot jet from fully seated, when putting in the new one. I'm using all stock parts and don't have any upgraded parts anywhere else. There's a youtube video of a guy rebuilding his Kodiak 450 carb and he mentions backing off the pilot jet a half to a full turn, and this is why I thought I had to do this.

Since this is my first carb rebuild, ever, I bought a used oem carb on Ebay to rebuild and play with first so that I didn't eff up my current carb (which leaks gas) and be SOL.
The pilot jet in this carb was all the way tightened, which is why I don't know what the default/stock setting should be.

Or maybe my question is ridiculous and I have no idea what I'm talking about, which could definitely be the case.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edit: after reading, it looks like I need to back off the pilot screw and not the pilot jet? Is the pilot screw the one I have to drill out the brass plug to access? Are the main jet, pilot jet and start jet all supposed to be fully seated?

Be gentle, obviously I'm a newb to carbs, but i'm trying to learn!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back