wolverine 1996 2x4-4x4 with on command push button !!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supervez007

Reaction score
i put a big bear 400 2006 front diff in my wolverine 350 1996

change the cup of the cv axle to fit in the bear diff

make the wiring and 2 relay for the servo motor and put a switch on the dash with a light to see if he was in 2 or 4wd .

cut the front drive shaft and reweld it shorter because the big bear diff are little bit longer than the wolverine diff.

That's awesome. The the diff mount is a direct bolt in? The gear ratio and rotation is the same?

Good work

the front diff was direct fit

all yamaha have the same gear ratio

only the cup of the cv joint was not exactly the same number of spline

change only the cup for a big bear 400 2002-2006

and the front drive shaft need to be shorted . but a front drive shaft of the big bear 400 2002-2006 can be use.

This is super cool! I've been wondering for years if this could be done and never found any food info about it. Then I get an email from this site and "Wow!" Here is how to do it. So cool!

I bought an '03 Wolverine a couple years ago that was in excellent shape with low hours. I watched eBay and was able to get a never used Warn 424 kit, new in the box but it was for the older '95 Wolverine so I had to change out the u-joints and yolks but it was so worth it. The ability to be in 2wd transformed the quad and made it so much more fun to ride. The full time 4wd was a big reason why I sold off my original '96 Wolverine back in '97. It just wasn't that much fun to ride.

Now if we could find a front diff with an oem locker that would swap in that would be awesome.

The inner diff cups from a 2000-06 Kodiak will also work, it's the same front diff as well, but they converted it for right hand drive.

Do you have a wiring diagram for the switch/servo motor?

I know this post is old but I am fixing to do this to my Wolverine and was wondering if the diagrams are just two different ways to wire it up

Latest posts

Back