Wiring issues please help!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry103106

Reaction score
So here it goes. I am new to this whole forum thing and a new owner to a warrior. I picked up a 2001 warrior on craigslist rather xheap. When I got it, the wiring harness was all ripped then taped back together. The bike would turn over but had no spark. So I just ordered a new stator and pick up coil and I also got a new cdi. So while I was waiting for them parts to get here I figured I would take the harness off and make sure all of the rips were repaired properly.. well that didn't go so well... I re taped everything and put new but connectors where needed and re installed the harness.. now the damn thing won't even turn over unless I jump the starter solenoid.. I have multiple wiring schematics for that year but for some reason they are all different.. Someone please help. Thank you and sorry for such a long post.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Is the starter button the only thing that doesn't work? If lights, kill switch, starter solenoid all work and it runs good, use a multimeter to test the starter button. If button doesn't open the circuit ( I think it opens, but it might close, I don't remember), take the handle bar control assembly apart and sand the contact point of the starter button. I had to do that to mine when I first got it because it had been sitting and corrosion had built up in between the contact points inside of there.

Warrior96 I did check the switch and it seems to be fine. It's just so damn confusing. And ST thank you for the diagram. I'm not sure I have that one. I have one that says yfm350x one that says yfm350xc and one that says yfm350xn and if u look at them side by side they don't match but all say for that year. I will try to post some pictures of my disaster when I get home tonight. I'm wondering if I don't have my grounds hooked up properly. I'm trying to eliminate the neutral switch and the reverse switch.. thanks for the help guys

wiring issues still

Well I put another brand new battery in and still nothing when I hit the start button. When I turn the key on the start circuit relay and the neutral safety relay both make a quick click so I assume that is indicating that they are working properly. But when I push start nothing happens. No click or anything. . And Stl yam war I was looking my quad over with that diagram and it doesn't match up. According to Ur diagram the start circuit relay has blue and white, yellow and black then 2 red and white wires. On my bike I have 2 brown and not red and white.. lol so I'm so lost. Lol someone help I'm pulling my hair out..

Terry consider the 2 Brown wires as the R/W wires. My bike is setup the same way and I traced them down according to the diagram and they match up. All the 5 diagrams in my Clymer manual show those 2 wires as R/W. I have had to replace the starting circuit cut-off relay in the recent past. Sounds like you have a ground that is not making. Pull the wire off the neutral safety switch below the oil filter and while the bike is in neutral, check continuity with an ohmmeter on the end of the neutral safety switch to a good clean ground on the motor. There should be continuity while in neutral. Remember this is part of your grounding circuit.

Something else to consider... when pressing the start button it is connecting the ground circuit NOT the "hot" circuit. The Brown (BR) and black (B) wires are grounds on the diagram. The only exception is the one black wire going to the starter motor from the starter solenoid this is "hot."

Back