Why is it...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WV98YFM350

Reaction score
why the HUGE opinion differences in Tusk clutches? Is it simply that everyone enjoys paying for names or what? Seems to me if they were so inferior they shouldn't be allowed to manufacture them. Plus a few on here swear by them!? I plan to install a set tommorow+1 steel and HD springs to see how they hold up to my trail riding for myself before rebuilding my top end so I can change out if need be before rebuild. I just don't understand where one certain companys clutch fiber could be much different than anothers. I am sure I am wrong here but I was told years ago "Clutch fiber is clutch fiber" - HS Automotive teacher. Well, will find out for myself on sunday. Are there any new clutch wear in tricks or secrets to longevity that I should know before proceding? :nanner::slayer:

Had an ebc, it sometimes gave out and slipped sometimes and couldn't be adjusted out. The eventually one day going up a hill it just gave out. There is a difference in clutch material and the only ones I had luck with are oem, Barnett and driveline and the driveline was cheap too

I put in Magnum brand and it never let me down. I didn't put an extra steel in either. Never slips.

i haven't had any trouble with my ebc. no extra steel or even hd springs for that matter. can ride all day w/o it slipping or anything.

i think the main problem is that some folks don't follow procedure. you gotta let them soak in oil overnight and i think some folks just throw 'em in and expect them to hold up.

Had an ebc, it sometimes gave out and slipped sometimes and couldn't be adjusted out. The eventually one day going up a hill it just gave out. There is a difference in clutch material and the only ones I had luck with are oem, Barnett and driveline and the driveline was cheap too
The Original factory ones are still on this bike. So it slips a little but it seems to slip more in higher gears at higher RPM and throttle positions, like it would start slipping at im guessing 3/4 throttle and about 36-4000 RPM. Just don't understand everyones mixed reviews of the Tusks? Last ride I was on I broke a clutch spring (I think and hope). So, time to start updating and modding for my likes...

I have had good luck with the tusk kit I just couldn't justify spending 70+ dollars on a clutch at the time and it hasn't let me down yet

Back