White Sulphur ATV Trails in KY - Part 2

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robotaz

Reaction score

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that looks like a nice place to ride!!

It's in the Daniel Boone National Forest. The nice thing is that there are rules and people tend to follow them. Parking lots seem safe and the trails are maintained professionally. It is a very nice place, in my opinion. We have only encountered a handful of people over the course of two Saturday rides, so it's not crowded by any means. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice place to spend a few days riding. There are camp grounds, shooting ranges, horse camp grounds, etc. It's a full blown getaway for sure.

Man that looks nice! Now I'm jealous because of your trails and your girl rides with you!Nothing like PA State trails that are boulders and rocky to no end.

Man that looks nice! Now I'm jealous because of your trails and your girl rides with you!Nothing like PA State trails that are boulders and rocky to no end.

Snowdog, I forgot to mention to you that I have a job interview with Dominion, a gas company, in Pittsburgh the first week of June. They have offered me a job in Pittsburgh or Sabinsville, whichever I want. Sabinsville is very, very rural so I have the choice to go big city or the opposite. So far their approach and presentation of what they offer as an employer has been top notch. I may end up living in PA. We'll see. I gave them my minimum pay expectations and they had their travel people call me the next day to arrange a flight and hotel, at their expense. Sounds like they're biting.

Snowdog, I forgot to mention to you that I have a job interview with Dominion, a gas company, in Pittsburgh the first week of June. They have offered me a job in Pittsburgh or Sabinsville, whichever I want. Sabinsville is very, very rural so I have the choice to go big city or the opposite. So far their approach and presentation of what they offer as an employer has been top notch. I may end up living in PA. We'll see. I gave them my minimum pay expectations and they had their travel people call me the next day to arrange a flight and hotel, at their expense. Sounds like they're biting.

Damn man, you go!
That's a tough call, I looked up Sabinsville and yeah very very rural. I love Route 6 and Galeton and Wellsboro up and would absolutely die for property and a cabin in that area but they are really hurting in towns like Coudersport where everything is just going out of business and everyone is out of work.
I dont' know much about Pittsburgh but I've always heard that it was not that great of a major city to live in but that could just be Philly vs Pitts B.S.!
If it were me I would take Sabinsville but live closer to Rt 6 and Rt 15 so I could get to either Williamsport or Corning/Elmira NY alot quicker and easier because that will be the closest any major malls might be.

Umm but if you go with Sabinsville I need 10 acres for the advice alone!
LOL...J/K! :p

Well, gas production is generating thousands of jobs, and they're still 10 years from really ramping all the way up to where they want to be in the Marcellus region. Here's my opinion. Already we are seeing signs in China that people are sick of being slaves and want better income and living standards. This is driving companies to the last bastions of slave labor, like Vietnam, or to just produce the products where they are sold in smaller factories. I read a story about five companies who are moving back to the USA, one is a GE factory that was in Louisville for decades, moved to China, and is coming right back to the factory that it left 20 years ago.

What I'm getting at is that hopefully the gas industry can help those who are really hurting in PA working until the economy starts coming back to a work-oriented economy. Right now our economy is based on manipulating the rest of the world, for the most part. I believe that there are signs that we will start to get more real work in the future.

What's the most interesting about this whole process, in my opinion, is that outsourcing and shipping jobs over seas was very heavily criticized by the masses, but endorsed by a few very highly educated people who practice something from political science called "rationalism". Typically they are aligned with Republican politicians, but not always. It stems from the associations that scholars have with our government's administrations. Rarely do the politicians actually understand what they are doing. ANYWAY, rationalism, among many other things, says that the rest of the world will have to have a higher standard of living for our economy to last. It was a very, very painful process, but I think we are just now starting to turn the corner. As fuel prices go up, it will only cement the notion further that it's cheapest just to make the products where you sell them. Let's cross our fingers for the sake of all of us, but especially those in the towns where they are boarding the places up.

I'm more concerned about the political, moral, and ethical flushing down the drain of the country right now. Economies can come back. Decayed and ruined societies will not.

I never expected to see posts like this on a wolverine forum. I work for a small company that builds high end wood doors and deal with the politics within on a daily basis. OK my point is americans have an incredibly high standard of living and wish to keep that. The ecomony of the US has gone to the crapper because the middle class wants to keep there standard of living (payed more do less)unfortunately this is killing the lower class that is trying to do the right thing and work but how can a struggling class support a selfish over payed class. The same people complaining about the economy are the same ones destroying it and forcing companies to back out. WE have skillled labor that because the economy has not provided the funds to give raises they feel it is there duty to do less. You can not replace them "skilled" it would cost the companies "growing pains" to retrain.

Jim

Believe me, I know what you're saying. Speaking only of workers in Louisville, I'm pretty sure there is enough desperation to take whatever jobs they are offered.

I have a cousin who used to work at a Toyota supplier and the stories he told me about what was going on in that place worried me. I remember telling him about 5-6 years ago that eventually that kind of idiocy would hurt not only Toyota, but America. The people in that factory are people who can live off the government so well that they expect to live like kings just for showing up at "work". Then they sit there on drugs and have affairs and deal drugs, sleep, etc. Pathetic. I went down there to visit about a month ago and all of the factories have either closed or are working on one partial shift. It's really sad because I am from Kentucky and was taught to love it and appreciate it by parents and grandparents who worked really hard and tried to make it a better place. Watching these people run off businesses is sickening.

I guess I hijacked my own thread. If you guys want to continue let's start another thread.

Done said what I wanted. I really just had to vent a little. Thanks for listening.

Back