Wheels

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was going down the road last night and the wheel came off. I have just put a new set wheels on and made sure they were tight but all the lug nuts were gone. This wason of the rear so I took one off each front and went to take oone offthe other rear but only had three. How do I keep them tight?

Crap never heard of that happening.

I wouldnt do that because you have to take the wheels off a lot. Then besides making it difficult to get off you run the risk of breaking the studs.

Clear fingernail polish. Works just as good as locktight but much easier to break loose and a whole lot cheaper. My wife actually showed me this trick while fixing a loose screw on a pair of sunglasses and I have used it on everything from a nut on the ball on my trailer hitch to wheel studs.

I had the same thing happen to me last weekend, but luckily one of my buddies saw one fall off before we had issue, I am starting to think, the paint on the machined aluminum in my case is not giving enough friction to hold

You will be able to still get the wheel off with the high strength locktight, I would of suggested medium but found using medium on my rack bolts they would still vibrate off

Back