wheelies.......??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cory21

Reaction score
how do you guys usually do your wheelies, like do you pop the clutch or stand on the back or something, and by how do you pop the clutch without stalling anyway?

I learned the balance point by standing onthe grab bar and bringing it up. No more cheater wheelies for me. Sit down wheelies I start in 2nd gear and if I am moving just punch the gas and I lift up with my arms too. If I am doing a wheelie from the stop position I still use 2nd gear and get the rpms up. I don't pop the clutch, I let it out slowly and once I fully let the clutch out I gas it more..Come up like a dream.

You can do a wheelie in 1st puts it revs out too fast so I just assume skip that gear..
I have found it a lot harder to do wheelies on the grab bar on a raptor. Grab bar doesn't stick out as far on it VS the warrior. But it can be done..

Don't worry about flipping back all the way. Your grap bar will stop you from doing that. Be safe, use common sense.

What do u mean by how do u pop the clutch??? u just nail it and let the lever out super quick be carefull it comes up quick... its not very good for your clutch tho. I sugest go in 2nd and find a small bump or a an uphill slope and pull up hard and sit back, practice getting it to the ballence point that way... thats how i learned.

in i kneel on the seatwith my feet on the grab bar then i either pop the clutch from a standstill or power it up but i can only power it up in 1st most of the time then i stand on the grab once up to the point where im straight up at 12 oclock so if im standing straight im balanceing good then use throttle and balance but gas it only a lil so u dont run out of gear its best in 2nd dont worry u will never flip over once ur past that fear ur set it took me 4 days to do a good wheelie i spent 3 hours a day practicing and video taping it to leanr my mistakes it helped a great deal http://www.atvriders.com/articles/atvwheelie.html this also helped
good luck and do this at ur own risk and please wear a helmet and use common sense

i just blip the throttle and start shifting. i use the clutch when i shift its easer for me

^ thats not that easy lol ive tried i practiced a week straight in front of my house goin back and fouth while being video taped

in i kneel on the seatwith my feet on the grab bar then i either pop the clutch from a standstill or power it up but i can only power it up in 1st most of the time then i stand on the grab once up to the point where im straight up at 12 oclock so if im standing straight im balanceing good then use throttle and balance but gas it only a lil so u dont run out of gear its best in 2nd dont worry u will never flip over once ur past that fear ur set it took me 4 days to do a good wheelie i spent 3 hours a day practicing and video taping it to leanr my mistakes it helped a great deal http://www.atvriders.com/articles/atvwheelie.html this also helped
good luck and do this at ur own risk and please wear a helmet and use common sense

Do you know what a period is?

And by period I mean the punctuation mark, not the one I amsure you know the meaning of.

And by period I mean the punctuation mark, not the one I am sure you know the meaning of.

ROFL

I scanned over that whole sentence and I didn't even notice it.

[quote:aj4jsn8f]

And by period I mean the punctuation mark, not the one I am sure you know the meaning of.

ROFL

I scanned over that whole sentence and I didn't even notice it. [/quote:aj4jsn8f]

How could you NOT?! I had to read that post 3 times to get the gist of it! ;D

To do an easy wheelie and to get used to it, go in second gear, go fairly slow, but not slow enough for you to stall it or anything, but where the power is at, and pop the clutch while you are in second and find your balance point, be careful just learning though, you outta lift back and sit near the back-end on the seat too. After you get good at that, start trying it in 3rd gear. Another tip is to do this in a grassy area, make sure it is not wet, and that you will not be tearing up somebodys land, a grassy area will make it so you are not so cautious and it will help you learn better, and if you fall off the back in a grassy area, you will not have the road rash like if you were on gravel, or pavement. :p Good Luck!!!

And on a Raptor 350 are you guys sure that the rear grab bar will keep you from going on over? Because to me it seems to be awfully close to the rear of the quad, and it looks like the plastics would hit before the grab bar. Tomorrow after work I will have to check this out on mine, i wouldn't want to ruin the rear plastics or anything.

my buddy has an '05 rappy 350 and I have stood it up all the way many times...the grab bar did indeed stop me from going back...Plastics didn't touch either. If they would have touched there would have been visible stress marks.

And on a Raptor 350 are you guys sure that the rear grab bar will keep you from going on over? Because to me it seems to be awfully close to the rear of the quad, and it looks like the plastics would hit before the grab bar. Tomorrow after work I will have to check this out on mine, i wouldn't want to ruin the rear plastics or anything.

I'm positive. I've hit my grab bar many times and the plastics don't hit.

If you want to make sure, just stand it up on it's tailend. I do mine everytime I wash it (I turn the gas off and let it run until the gas is out before standing it up). The only way your plastics will hit is if the bar bends. My little bro bent the one on his 660 but he hit it hard.

When you are going fast (4th gear) 45 MPH + wheelies are easy as hell to flip if you **** up bad; you roll for quite a way too...

i was only ylkin bout slow speed wheelies the ones where balance is the key rather than using power to balance it out

Latest posts

Back