what to do! HELP!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero

Reaction score
ok, my ex-friend :mad: just informed me that he is ready to sell the 600 ninja to me, for $2000 :-/ thats way more than i am willing to spend on JUST and engine, i dotn want the whole bike just the motor lol thats insane :( $2000 for a street bike im going to strip of its engine an dump the rest..., so.. what do u guys think... should i try to find a better... cheaper engine? or put my money into the stock 350... how much of a power increase would i get from new cam, piston, exhaust etc.

what should i do, any ideas? if go to far with a new engine.. ill b spending alot of money on suspension, swingarms, a-arms an such right? maybe an engine from another quad?

just throw around any thoughts u may have :p go crazy

by the way, my warrior had an electrical problem b4 it died :-/ it wouldnt start with the push button... im pretty srue the problem was either the stator or the rectifier / regulator thingy... lol anyone know where i can bet a cheaper than oem replacement? just wanting to know how much its going to be if i go with the ol wary motor rather than finding a new engine... i was up all night in my shop listening the sound of rain on the tin roof an getting a buzz from the smell of gas, oil and cleaner/degreaser ;D but i finally got the motor out of the frame.. now its just the frame with shocks and tires thats IT no brake lines wires or even any bolts.. and i had FUN :p

well the warrior sounded like it had a few problems id say keep lookin for the streetbike motor... or mabye put a raptor motor in it haha a 660 that would be a good increase. I wouldnt spend the money on a blown motor tho u never know what else could be wrong... it is a pretty old motor but it your coice man :-/

Buy the bike, keep the warrior stock and ride the bike around ;D

No matter what you do you'll never have as much power as you will with a motor swap, but then again it gets to the point where its useless except for dragracing. I would just stroker the warrior and keep the bike for my other play toy, 2 grand for a ninja 600 sounds like a good deal, have fun riding that around.

Buy the bike, keep the warrior stock and ride the bike around ;D

No matter what you do you'll never have as much power as you will with a motor swap, but then again it gets to the point where its useless except for dragracing. I would just stroker the warrior and keep the bike for my other play toy, 2 grand for a ninja 600 sounds like a good deal, have fun riding that around.

I like that idea too. To do a motor swap is going to be a ton of fab work. You can do it, but its not gonna bolt right in. I would think it would be easier to just rebuild the warrior with some bad motor mods, like a 400 kit of something. :cool:

well i would buy the ninja to ride.... but i dont have a drivers licences :-/ lol dont need a licences to drive on a race track... and i dont really want a street bike to ride anyway, florida drivers r idiots.. im crazy not insane and suicidal :p i thought about fixing the stock motor an maybe stroking it(no pun intended :p) but im not sure how much more power that would give me.. the warriors always felt slow to me.. so i think a swap would be the best way to get that power i want from it, and as for the fab work thats no problem at all, finding the right engine an getting it done without breaking the bank is the biggest problem, it may take awhile to do what i want with it im afraid :-/

another thing that worries me... is the stock warrior suspension, how much horsepower an torque can it take b4 i have to get a longer swingarm an wider a-arms

Well the frame is going to need some "beefing up", gusset job, fill all the welds, etc. A 446 stroker aka "banshee killer" is juicy, its gets your ahead of a piped yfz, thats all i need personally. A streetbike swap will need a +12 swingarm and be useless except for dragracing.

well im planning on doing some work on the frame already.. i spent an hour cleaning my frame this morning.. freezing to death with all the water :-/ and i saw how.... for lack of a better word... shitty the frame is :eek: so many places that look like they were just tacked in place, then forgotten about an never fully welded.. thats kinda scary lol and as for the street bike swap being useless for anything but drag racing, yeah i guess it kinda would be lol but if i do a swap.. u can bet ill be terrorizing the banshees an z400s an rappys an every other quad on the trails out here lol even if i never get it out of second gear on a trail, ill be riding them sometimes

and, i have a question abotu swingarms, whats the longest swingarm made for a warrior? or whats the longest oen ican get.. iv seen some quads that look like they made the swing arm themselves otu of pipe tubing like roll cage pipe?? what all do u have to do to make ur own swingarm

Well your lucky, you have the same swingarm asd the king of drags, the banshee, so any banshee swinger will work. To make one you need a welder and some time, but its a pretty basic design, just copy yours and make it longer, it just has to be able to mount to the frame and then have the tabs for the carrier to bolt up to.

well i have a normal stick welder and a mig welder ;D even a setaline torch... i build an drive race cars so im use to this sorta thing.. what about the axle carrier? just take it off an use the stock one an weld pipe to it?

Back