what should i do? HELP!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garretthinojosa

Reaction score
???Im in a werid situation either i have a free yamaha warrior (03), or i can buy my own bike (thinking of 400ex). I ride trails, and where i ride there are some ok size jumps, 5-7ft high that my warrior cant handle right now.

So my options are keep saving (im about to be 16 and am getting a job, i have 2500 saved)and get a new bike or....

Keep the warrior (which i get to keep for free) and mod it.

If i keep the warrior my first set of mods will include.

ACracing nerfs
Acracing belly skid
Hmf slipon
FMF hiflow header
Douglas Wheels .190
Kenda karly rear tires
Kenda klaw front tires
Alba bumper
?? Rear GB
Proflow air filter kit with uni filter
dyno-jet jet kit

If you have 2500 to put into a free warrior vs 2500 to spend for a new quad, I would keep the warrior. a warrior with 2500 worth of mods would be a lot better than most quads that you could get for $2500

Why cant your warrior handle those jumps? Both the Warrior and EX come so damn close in trail conditions (a little better with reverse) I dont see the point in buying an EX.

If I had 2,500 saved and a stock warrior I would take a grand and get a stroker kit put in that will spank a lot of trail quads and I would take the other 1,500 and put it into Axle, A-Arms, suspension, tires, and a pipe/filter kit.

If I had 2,500 saved and a stock warrior I would take a grand and get a stroker kit put in that will spank a lot of trail quads and I would take the other 1,500 and put it into Axle, A-Arms, suspension, tires, and a pipe/filter kit.

Ding, Ding, Ding! ;)

I would sell the warrior for X amount of $$ and get what u really wanted...or if u wanted to keep the warrior...cool...mod it...

He don't have the option of selling it. He told us about that in another thread. That said, I don't believe in spending money on something you don't really want. If you know or at least believe you wouldn't be satisfied with a modded Warrior, then don't waste your money. Even if you could sell it later, you won't get enough for it to make up for what you spend.

true that^^^ i figured out the hard way.... i spent like 900 on parts for my quad and now i really wish i didnt... cuz instead of buying all those damn parts i could of payed off my quad aand could be be sitting on a brand new yfz instead of a modded raptor 350 thats has troble beating a dvx/z400... and now im thinking about selling the quad and i know i wont get at least half of wht i spent on parts back

Back