What shocks are people using

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky3008

Reaction score
I guess this is a two part question:
What shocks are people using on their raptor?
Why did you go with aftermarket shocks, are they really worth $300 and up?

I mean most of us aren't jumping more than just a few feet in the air. Does the competition shocks really make that much of a noticeable difference?

i use the stock shocks and there perfict for just like average jumps and trail riding . If your hittin some serious jumps then u would need some aftermarket shocks but ive never riden a quad with aftermarket shocks so i cant really help ya ::)

Thanks, I had just seen a few articles of test rides by magazines where they had put on a set of works at $1000 a piece and couldn't imagine spending that kind of money on shocks for how I ride.... My wrists sometime get a little sore but that is usually from taking a jump wrong and landing on the front end instead of even.

:D

i cant wait till i have my front end all together and i can get the quad done and test this beast out

with my works triple's with resevoirs and +3+1 arms im hoping for a great improvment, i cant wait to ride on some REAL suspension ;D

id go with elkas there worth the money unlike works. i just spent $1200 they will be here in a couple of weeks. but if you dont do mx you should stick with stock.

Haha ive been doing MX for two years with stock shocks ive cleared 80ft tables and 65ft tables are regular part of my day at the track.Stock...sucks I keep imaging how much faster ill be with aftermarket for me im going with works but I would much rather go with PEP but for the money I dont think Works can be beat.

YEAH BUT FOR THE PRICE YOU DONT GET THE QUALITY LIKE ELKA. MY FREIND AT THE TRACK BOUGHT WORKS DIDNT MAKE A DOUBLE BARELY AND BLEW THEM OUT NO BIGGIE RIGHT.SO HE SENT THEM BACK GOT BRAND NEW SPRINGS AND EVERYTHING TURNS OUT THEY SENT HIM THE WRONG SPRINGS FOR A 120 LB. RIDER HE WEIGHS 190. SENT THEM BACK AGAIN AND STILL HAVING SOME SORT OF PROBLEM BUT ANYWAY WORKS BAD CHOICE BUT ELKA OR PEP MYBEE AXIS GREAT CHOICE.

Trust me if I had the money for those id have them on right now but im 16 an working my ass off as it is.

Im going with elka, just because of their reputation and from searching around, for 1200 you get full adjustability, custom axis with no adjustabilty is 1169, **** that.

I'm running stockers right now, and prob will be for a while. My buddy has Elkas on his Z400 and they made a huge difference in that bike.

id much rather run a set of axis shocks then elka, just beacuse of good things ive heard from from people i know who use them and from buying them through k&k up the road a bit from me i heard you can save a decient amount of money

on my next rebuild i might run axis shocks but im not positive yet, either axis or pep, possibly tcs, but most likely axis all around within the next two years or so

Stock shocks. I would be running raptor shocks right now because i couldve picked up a set for 35 shipped like new, but i found out they wont work cause of length. Hopefully ill get a full banshee suspensions sometime this summer. I dont wanna waste all that money on aftermarket shocks when i dont race and my stockers are working fine. I dont understand how so many people are squeezing these huge shocks on the front of their warriors and not blowing ball joints or tie rod ends or something, its going to happen its pushing your a arms down 2-3 inches further than tehy are supposed to be. :cool: ::)

I was just at Rausch Creek this weekend and learned just how bad the factory shocks are. After 2 laps I would be bottoming out off the smallest jumps. The factory shocks hold up well in the trails but I think I am going to get works w/ rezzies all around soon.

I have dual rate works with rezies ....one tip for raptor 350 and warrior owners dont spend the extra money on triple rate springs works them selves have said that on a warrior the triple spring wont ever be used....

i have TCS fully adjustable shocks on the 660 and they are very nice but unless you are jumping REALLY big jumps (and even then you can get works set up for realy big jumps) works is just as good for hard trail riding average jumping and what not...iv not had a prob with mine .....yes you hear storys all the time about people blowing a works shock like was resently stated but there just jeliouse that a cheap shock is doing just as well as the shock they bought for twice as much.. ::)

but anyways its night and day compared to stock...its amazing ...i dont know how i did it befor ...its CRAZY smooth and just all out alot less work to go fast

Back