What Made You Buy a Warrior?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnm

Reaction score
Just wondering how/why members here bought the Warrior over other quads.
Here is why I have one...I did not know anything about quads and was just going to buy the wife and I a couple generic Polaris Trail Boss's, something to learn on. Luckily for me a co-worker asked about my past riding experience (which was 20+ years ago I raced motocross), he recommended looking for a used Warrior he said they were a great quad for the money, and there were alot of aftermarket parts for them. I sure am glad he talked me out of the Polaris. we ended up getting the wife a 04 Trail Boss (she did not want to shift gears...jeez) and that bike is boooooring to ride.
After four months of riding every weekend the wifey wants a better quad, and I am still very happy with the Warrior. ;D

Well was looking at our local shop they have yamaha and honda and i liked the new raptor 350 over the 400ex so decided on getting one of those, then ran across my 01 warrior for sale at a used place, the day i was going to get a new raptor 350. I rode it and liked. The guy also had a 02 400ex for just a little more, he said ride it you will like it alot better. I rode it and then made a offer on warrior :) He accepted offer so I bought. It was all stock at the time, now it has lots of goodies. I am very happy with the purchase, I like the size and now with my mods its has plenty of power for me.

They have been around for a long time with a good reputation for reliability. I would have waited for the Raptor 350 to come out if I had know about them at the time I purchased my 04 warrior.

Most morons think it has terrible ergonomics, but it fit me f*cking awesome, and I simply liked the classic 80's buggy look.

I was born with Yamaha in my blood! I didn't want anything too big or too small so i took a brand new white/red Raptor 350 off the showroom floor!
same here ;D

well im a true yamaha fan so i knew it would have to be a yamaha, then i had to decide on witch yamaha to get.
blaster: to small!
raptor(660): top heavy (dad didnt think i needed it)
yfz:too much $$$
Raptor: haddnt came out yet
warrior: the best trail quad out there and since i soon will be racing hare scrambles i chose it ;D

well i was kinda the same way, i wanted a yamaha no matter what. I wanted to find an 02 raptor or banshee at first but then i ran across the deal on my warrior that i did. 2800 out the door, 1 year old and the little rubbber peices (i call'em tits lol) were still on the tires, how could i pass it up. The reputation was also something i liked. Even though i never was big on fourstrokes, i love my warrior, i still like 2 strokes though but everyone can be sure that my one and only love (the warrior) aint goin nowhere soon.

but then i ran across the deal on my warrior that i did. 2800 out the door

Wow that was a good deal.

I am pretty ignorant about the differences between a Raptor and a Warrior. Looks like the Raptor has a little more rear suspension travel and is about 22 pounds lighter. That is a big difference in weight. Where did Yamaha trim it from?
Here is a comparison chart I found on a retailers site.

Raptor 350 Warrior
MANUFACTURER Yamaha Yamaha
MODEL YEAR 2004 2004
MODEL Raptor 350 Warrior
M.S.R.P. $4,999.00 $4,699.00
Engine 4-Stroke Single, Air Cooled, SOHC 348cc, 4-Stroke Single, Air Cooled, SOHC
Displacement 348cc 348cc
Bore x Stroke 83mm x 64.5mm 83 x 64.5mm
Carburetion Mikuni 36mm BSR Mikuni 36mm
Transmission 6-Speed Manual Clutch w/ Reverse 6-Speed Manual Clutch w/ Reverse
Final Drive 2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain Sealed O-Ring Chain
Suspension Front: Independent Double Wishbone, 7.9 in. w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
Rear: Swing Arm, 8.3 in., and Threaded Preload Adjustment Front: Independent Double Wishbone, 7.9 in. w/ 5-way Preload Adjustment
Rear: Swing Arm, 7.9 in. w/ Rebound, and 5-way Threaded Preload Adjustment
Brakes Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc
Rear: Hydraulic Disc Front: Dual Hydraulic Disc
Rear: Hydraulic Disc
Tires Front: AT21 x 7-10
Rear: AT20 x 10-9 Front: AT22 x 7-10
Rear: AT22 x 10-9
Length 69.7 in. 72.4 in.
Width 43.1 in. 42.5 in.
Height 42.5 in. 42.5 in.
Wheelbase 47.6 in. 47.2 in.
Seat Height 32.3 in. 30.1 in.
Ground Clearance 4.5 in. 4.9 in.
Dry Weight 375 lbs. 397 lbs.
Fuel Capacity 2.4 gal. 2.4 gal.
Colors Team Yamaha Blue/White
White/Red Team Yamaha Blue/White
White/Red

Well my cut and paste didn't work out too well, but you get the idea.

I am on my second warrior. The first one was a early model and I got it in trade for some work I did. I later traded it for a cr125. The 1998 I have now was parked under a carport about five houses from my mother in laws house. Everytime I passed and it hadn't move I'd tell my wife I should offer the guy some money for it. Finally I stopped and talked to the guy and asked if it was for sale and he told me $400 but it was not running. After I gave him the money and took it home I have been happy since. I have put about $1500 total into the bike so far and don't plan to stop.

A few friends have raptors, but a little much for me at the time, so WARRIOR it was. Couldn't have been happier(not to say i'm not trading up one day)......

Back