What kind of oil?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukacola

Reaction score
What kind of oil do you guys use? Yamalube or something rec'd for ATV use, or just regular auto oil? I've read that auto oil can make your clutch slip.

I'm in generally warm to hot conditions here.

Is there special oil for wet clutch or anything?

People tell me SAE 30, any kind of 10w30, Yamalube, etc. WTF! It's my new baby, I don't want her to die!

Sorry, had the page open too long and then I replied geeessfore. It's all good, and thank you all.

Just run anything that specifies 4 stroke atv/motocycle w/wet clutch protection. I run the Valvoline 10w40 from Wal-Mart in the winter, and run the 20w50 in the summer. Inexpensive, and is a good oil. I run Honda GN4 in all 3 Fourtrax 300s we have. Tried the Valvoline in two of them (ran out of GN4), and they both smoked. Gave it a shot twice, smoked both times. Put the GN4 back in and no problems.

I use Amsoil 0w-40 full synthetic 4 stroke oil. Great stuff.

Ive run Rotella T 15w40 in all my warriors. As far as Im concerned they loved it, especially once they warmed up. I figure if its good enough for some pro-racers its good enough for me. Not to mention, for the price if you like to change the oil alot you wont go broke running it!!

^ exactly. I run the same ****. Check at a Lowes store or o Reilly auto parts store for deals and discounts on it

I think I might switch to the rotella. I can get it much cheapern than the valvoline

I just put in yam alive 10w40 n my quad is running great. I also put in a kn filter nd UNi airfilter

Latest posts

Back