what is needed for riding onroad??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
He guys,

What size sprockets would you guys suggest for onroad riding because I'm shifting like a freaking nut onroad. Before I even know it i'm in 6th gear allready. :eek:

Any suggestions would be great

I have to ask everything I would want or need on this forum first because I have to order every bloody thing on the internet because I can't afford the parts by the dealer.
A JT sprocket in the US is about $6.99 here it's about Naf.45,- that is about $22.00
And also if I order thing from the States I can't return it anymore.

Thanks in advance guys

Go with a bigger front sprocket. I'm not sure how much bigger, but it will decrease your bottom and increase your top end.

go with a 22inch tire and throw a 14 toth front sprocket on there... that should make a shift less and add a few on the top speed

You pretty much ride on the road all the time right? If low end power isn't an issue for you i'd put the biggest front sprocket on it that you can find. (I think you can get up to a 17) It would then be geared more like a motorcycle and not require a lot of shifting. Pulling out in 1st gear would be more like pulling out in 2nd gear and you wouldn't ever need 6th gear, but it would definitely reduce the shifting.

Thanks guys i'll try to order some sprockets and see what the tires will cost me.
It's a bit crappy to order things now during christmas but i'm going to try anyway.

Thanks

Also take note to the fact that it is a 6-speed close ratio transmission.... I dont know if you drive manual cars but the 6-speed nature has you shifting more then 5s but is also faster most of the time :-D!

Let me tell you it is SWEEETTTTT man just passing cars with a raptor 350 onroad.
When the light turns green just blow them away (for the first couple of meters ofcourse after that they leave me in the dust but what to do!!)
But overall it is Cool riding onroad with a Raptor 350.

Back