What Chain?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd

Reaction score
My old chain is getting kinda worn out and i think it stretched a little. What kind of chain would you guys reccomend I should get.

Just buy a non-o-ring chain there good enough you probably won't tell the difference between non o-ring and o-ring. But if you are looking to spend money buy a DID X-ring chain there top quality.

Just buy a non-o-ring chain there good enough you probably won't tell the difference between non o-ring and o-ring

haha, except that an o-ring or x-ring chain will last 10 times longer under average riding conditions. Once a regular chain gets wet, dirty, or muddy that grit and moisture gets into the pivots and just tears it up. With an o-ring or x-ring chain it's all packed with grease from the factory and sealed so no contaminants get in. Maybe an x-ring chain costs about twice as much as a standard chain, but hell it'll last way longer, and you'll be adjusting and replacing it a lot less often.

I run an x-ring chain from parts unlimited, i've had it about a year and after the initial break-in it really hasn't stretched at all or showed any signs of wear or age. I picked it up at the local powersports shop for about $42.

sidewinder ti-series chain and tri-moly sprocket. (just want to know if they are worth the money)

I'd reccomend the D.I.D. O-ring chain, lasts a long time when looked after, don't forget new sprockets too!

Do I have to get new sprockets? this is my first time getting a new chain so i don't know much about it.

i've always heard as a rule of thumb, replace the sprockets when you replace a chain and vice versa. some people may not agree with me, but since the two sprockets and chain all work together, it is better safe than sorry. i personally would spend the extra money and replace them.

yes replace the sprockets to, because if you just buy a new chain your old sprockets will wear out your new chain so fast and it will become like the old sprockets condition.

Back