Wear a helmet kids

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04Fivefour

Reaction score
Had my first "why wasn't I wearing a helmet?" in a long time. I had just put some new tires on my uncles gokart/utv and just took it out to test them before I put everything away for the night. Well I've rode this particular machine a lot and it usually slides well in the corners. Well these new tires griped and rolled me at about 30 mph. I didn't have my helmet on and it threw me head first into the roll bar. Thats where my memory ends lol. The next thing I remember is being in the car with my wife on the way to the hospital.

Got some mean bumps on my noggin and some deep bruising to my hands. I also found out that I had fractured a rib from tubing on Saturday lol.

Moral of the story... Always wear your helmet.

First off, I am glad you are okay. Secondly, Reading your post made me feel so much better about myself. I do dumb **** all the time and afterward just stand around wondering wtf was I thinking, and I got the scars to prove it.

My boy t-boned a car on his way home and flipped over the hood. thankfully he had his helmet on

Attachments

• IMG_0149.jpg
    IMG_0149.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 27
My boy t-boned a car on his way home and flipped over the hood. thankfully he had his helmet on

I'm glad he is okay. I usually always put my helmet on but I was just taking it on a test run so I didn't think anything was gonna happen. Heck I'm the one the went out and got me and my wife helmets to be safe.

Just figured I would do a little psa lol

Im Pro safety, I do a local giveaway to kids in my hometown that don't have funds to buy them one, They are not Shoei or Arai's but good helmets, I have learned in my work force to always expect the unexpected, OHSA And MSHA don't take violations lightly, So thanks for addressing this matter. Glad your boy is alright Adam.

helmet saved my life on a modified scooter. luckily only had jaw broke in 4 places and every bone in my foot snapped.Humid days remind me to wear my helmet now.my jaw hurts more on humid days then when i actually broke it.:( Helmet jaw section was so bent in i couldnt get it off my head at the time.

Back