Water Shut-off

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
Whenever I go through water, like not a puddle on the street, like the stuff in trails where its half way up the tires. It will just shut-off on me. I happened to me and my dad. I think it may be that water is getting into one or more of the connections and is not allowing it to run(no electricity). My rear light is disconnected and the wires are open. I'm not sure, anyone have any suggestions???

It sounds to me like the water your hitting is shorting out your electrical system. I'd check over all your wiring, Especially the harness under the back end.
~Bill

what about the box under the back end? Did you take that off and see if the casing is work down? that is a common place for warriors to get electrical problems.
~Bill

I believe it's the CDI box that rubs the frame, then wears through, and causes it to short when it gets wet. They didn't put anything inbetween the box and the frame. Over time from vibration, and bouncing around it wears through the outter casing on it and causes it to ground out on your frame. But yours may not be touching all the time, but when it get's wet, the water could make the contact causing it to then ground and kill the machine.
~Bill

The harness wears against the frame where it goes around to the cdi. You need to remove rear plastic and unplug the cdi, then inspect the harness.

As for all your connections - put some dielectric grease on them. It will help keep moisture out.

ANy chance you are running an open air box or the drain plug to your airbox is not there?

Next time it happens, you should check and see if you have spark - that will eliminate a handful of possibilities real quick

it also makes them easy to take apart the next time you want to disconnect. Sometimes they can be a bitch when they get dirt packed in.

yeah, i learned that when i was doing my stock bulb switch and puttingn the aftermarket on, they dont wanna come apart

Back