water method flywheel removal possible?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hashish420

Reaction score
hey is it possible to remove the flywheel with the water method like clutches?

if you dont know what im talking about why respond the what is the water method and the no is still a maybe since you dont know what im on about

also will there be oil in the flywheel compartment? i got my new chain and its yelling at me to install it :D

got a d.i.d chain anygood? i asked for the best

D.I.D 219fts(s) bush chain

Any good?

Last edited:
For fear of getting water in the motor i would not use that method versus a $50 puller, and on our clutches there's no need for a puller which is why i said no. ontop of that you'll need to find a longer bolt, a tube for the bolt to go through that won't leak water past the bolt and the quad will need to be tilted on its side which takes me back to my first point of, just go buy a puller.

and yes there is oil there.

OK thanks i cant find a puller at any store and leaves me with ebay and 2 weeks wait any ideas on a place to buy a puller besides ebayu and amazon

2 week wait? Try 3 -4 days tops with Ebay. $35 or less with free shipping. Or you could make one. m35x1.5 pitch nut, 1.5" x.125" wall pipe 2" long, a big washer, .5" nut and bolt and a welder. Cost about $10 total for the hardware from fastenal and about $2 for the pipe from a hardware store. I have used the one I made several times with no issues yet.

Guess it is worth mentioning that there is a Fastenal store 8 miles from my house. You may have trouble finding the m35 nut but any auto parts store should be able to get one for you in a day or so.

yes 2 weeks with ebay im in Canada and every time i order from ebay it takes 2 weeks or more some cases a month but thats from china.I dont know if canadian tire would have them i hope so :(

I'd just make one. If it has threads anything can be made into a puller.

Latest posts

Back