Warrior vs 125 dirtbike

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toreadorranger

Reaction score
ok so im wondering how close a warrior and a 2 stroke 125 bike would be in excelleration and such, i realize they are different and that different 125s will be different but both my buddies have 125's and im not a dirtbiker, so im looking to get my self a warrior.

I actually know somebody that has an 03 warrior and an 01 yz125. The warrior can't touch the yz except for the first couple feet because of the better traction, but after that the dirtbike tears it up. He still ends up riding the warrior more because the bike doesn't handle rough terrain very well, and he has to slow down and be extremely careful in rough sections. His 125 just flat out sucks for any kind of trail riding.

The yz125 barely even made it up the dunes on the boondocker nitrous video, check it out on their homepage. They must not have very much torque.

The ones I've rode did. I've never seen a 2stroke bike have any problem trail riding...lol unless the rider was inexperienced and couldn't keep the rpms up on hills.

Both in stock trim, the warrior will loose after 4th gear pretty bad. When the warrior is modified i dont know might give it a run depending on the bike rider/ bike year/ bike condition.

Out of the hole for the first 4 gears i could stay with one, when i was piped and filtered. But he would just slowly pull away, every gear. I could get the holeshot on pavement that was the only reason.

i constantly get my ass kicked by my friends cr125r. but then again its full race. but still, no comparison.

If you want to reach a warriors potential you have to tear off that anvil of a swingarm, a aftermarket only weighs 15lbs!!! It's the similar mods that will give em a run for their money.

Back