Warrior starting help! Crank no start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwhit406

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 1999 Warrior 350 that is having starting issues. I was riding when it suddenly died, didn’t sound like it choked or sputtered so I assumed it wasn’t an air or fuel problem. Brought it home and lo and behold, very intermittent and weak spark. Looked through my Clymer manual and after some troubleshooting the culprit seemed to be a bad coil. Ordered on online and threw it in, along with a new spark plug, but still no starting. Looked more in my manual and the ignition troubleshooting tree didn’t seem to say much except check connections at all components and such. Cranking speed is good, battery is charged, but I have noticed that the starter relay is clicking while the engine is turning over. Is that completely unrelated? Is there a switch that I am forgetting or malfunctioning? I’m not really a newbie mechanically but I don’t have a ton of free time to tinker with it and was just seeing if anyone has some tips or has experienced this issue.

Back