Warrior rebuild - maintenance

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajrpc

Reaction score
Hello!

I own a 2000 Warrior that's been stopped for about 4/6 years (just turn it on and ride 5 minutes every 3/6 months). I bought a new battery 1year ago, and i disconnect when it's stopped and i charge it once and again. It actually starts pretty well.

I want to ride it again regularly and want to learn to do the maintenance too, so i'll rebuild the bad parts and do a full service before riding.

Can you help me understand what should i do ? For now i know i got to:

-change oil and filter
-change/clean air filter
-change brake fluids
-remove rust
-align the front wheels (last time i rode i noticed)

I've already seen videos and tutorials how to change oil/filter, brake fluids and align front wheels.

What i don't know is if i need to clean the air filter, or put a new one. Here it is:

The rest of the bike:

Can you help me and point to the right direction ?
:)

Thanks

Other things to check/replace along with the list you provided:
-Brake Pads
-Any loose bearings/bushings
-Chain & Sprockets (Clean and lube if in good shape - Replace if worn out)

Also, replace that air filer, as it is missing the sealing foam that seals around the opening. Otherwise, once you clean off some of the rust, it looks like you have a nice warrior there.

Thank you for your tips and support.

Oil and oil filter are now replaced ! I didn't replaced the air filter yet, because i didn't bought air filter oil spray.

I also bought the air filter, but it only brings the foam.

It's black too. I thought mine was black because it was very warn, but maybe the one i already got its ok ? Maybe i just wash it ?

The old one:

The dealer said i needed to use the official yamaha filter frame and just put the foam, but like you said the opening sealing foam is not good, and i just only have the new foam. Maybe i can cut a round foam and glue it there?

Yup, you use the OEM filter tube (frame), and just slide the new filter foam over. Your old filter wasn't that bad, but a fresh filter never hurts. As for the sealing foam, any sort of foam that will seal can get glued on there and it'll work fine. Without that sealing foam though, the filter becomes useless, so it is necessary to fix it.

Back