warrior rear axle threads

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atceric

Reaction score
I need help,

What is the size of the threads on the rear axle? need to rethread real soon.

i have searched yahoo, bluetraxx, and some yamaha dealers and powersports places. why isnt this sort of information more accessible?

thank you guys for any help.

Im not sure about the size.
But if your looking to rethread somthing that has worn off?
It most likley wouldnt work, You can straighten threads out a little.
But ya really cant put metal back on it by rethreading, without going to a smaller size.

the threads are a little ugly on the end, keeping my oem nuts from going on. the threads are still there, just ugly at the end. after the first couple turns, the threads are in great shape.

Well if ya can get the size , ya should be able to straighten them out nicely.

good luck finding a metric die that big. might be easier finding someone with a metric lathe -they might be able to clean them up.

Or, although a bit tedious, try a knife file.

Well if it's only the first few threads that are damaged, use a grinder and smooth out the damaged ones so the nut slides over to the good threads! I damaged my tie rod end when taking it off, mashed the threads real good. Once put back together on the bike the top threads are no factor so I just ground em down, worked well!
Image018.jpg

Thats a great idea about the grinder, wouldnt have thought about it.

thanks for the posts guys

hey if you want all new threads, buy a bolt big enough and cut the end off and weld the bolt on. and then just put the nut on it. I wish I remember the die I used on mine cuz I had to rethread my axle as well.

hey if you want all new threads, buy a bolt big enough and cut the end off and weld the bolt on. and then just put the nut on it. I wish I remember the die I used on mine cuz I had to rethread my axle as well.

I hope you are joking!

::)

[quote:n58zgvpi]hey if you want all new threads, buy a bolt big enough and cut the end off and weld the bolt on. and then just put the nut on it. I wish I remember the die I used on mine cuz I had to rethread my axle as well.

I hope you are joking!

::)[/quote:n58zgvpi]

I want to see pix :eek:

Latest posts

Back