warrior oil problem?? I need your opinion or answer?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vg30dett93

Reaction score
I need an answer or opinion? Im finishing up this 1997 warrior project I picked up from a friend. Well he had replaced the motor (he drove it into a pond) from ebay and this engine leaked oil from exhaust stud so the quad sat for years because he wasted money on welding it and did want to deal with it, until I took it over. Well I replaced the head and go to change all the fluids and I go to change the oil and discovered that there is a little oil tube that sits inside where the oil screen is not there. The only thing there was the oil plug and I want you guys expertise about it? I see you can order it, but do you have to install it from the inside out?
Do you think I will be fine without it as long as there is enough oil in the sump to cover the pick up?? I need your help.

Last edited:
If it can't pick up because that 1/2" tube is gone you have bigger issues... But that tube also holds said screen in place to keep from picking up anypre filtered oil. It must instal from the outside because there's no way to get to it from the inside.

Also where is it leaking oil?

ok thanks so ill just order it. i didnt actually see it leak but my friend told me it was coming out around the exhaust stud. i just found motor on craigslist and rebuilt the head and swapped them. the old head had this big gloop of weld right under the bottom exhaust stud so i think it wasnt sitting right besides i only got the other motor for $50. I tried pulling the tube of my parts motor but I cant gripe it enough. any ideas on getting it out

Latest posts

Back