Warrior now starts. Wont idle..

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigtuna

Reaction score
OK I traded for this. And really have under $500. In it. And it didn't run. But the only reason I wanted it is because it was complete, motor looks to be untouched. 20210806_133456.jpg20210806_133557.jpg

And so I'll document my journey. So was poking around after I got it home. Previous owner poked a sht ton of holes on top of the air box. I charged up the battery and finally got it to turn over. Oh has plenty o spark. But really could not get it to fire. And the starter was kind of intermittent. So I wanted to order a new starter. Cheap enough. And wanted to pull the carb to rebuild. And thought I'd order a zoom zoom carb to see if it would actually run, and I'd rebuild the mikuni. The new carb came looks identical. And it did start finally and still kinda seems like it was starving for gas. Looking at the mikuni. Had the 145 main jet in it. But somebody had screwed with the carb. The needle valve was screwed in all the way. And the return spring was missing from where the throttle cam pushes down on the rod.

I thought that with all the holes in the air box and the white brown pipe stock jetting 145 seems low , so I wanted to put a 150 or 155 in it. So I pulled the new zoom carb and it had a 155 in it from the factory. There was a extra lg. 3" hole in the top of the air box I taped up and put the carb back on after I checked the needle valve was backed out 1.5 turns. I now can get it to start at will but will not idle. And seems like when it runs for bout 10 or 12 secs it will die. Does it sound like still starving for fuel. Bigger jet??. Do I need to go up in pilot jet as well and to what??.

Oh.and the oil lever looked good. Actually up to the mark and really clean for a machine that has set a while

Latest posts

Back