Warrior not revving quite right....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorsrawesome

Reaction score
I just put a UNI pod filter on my Warrior and so I bought a bigger main jet. I bought a 152.5. Keep in mind that my quad has an FMF pipe on it and I also dumped my air box. I would think this jet would be too rich if anything, but when I tested my Warrior, it seems to be too lean. When it revs much at all it sounds like it's hitting a rev limiter, the engine stops running smooth and starts missing really bad. In top gear, it happens around 3/4 throttle, and in first gear, it happens earlier, closer to 1/3 throttle I'd say. The higher the gear the higher it will rev. It happens at different times in each gear, but it always happens right around where I should shift up. It's really annoying though because I can't wind out the gears quite enough for accelerating quickly. I think my main jet is too lean because the quad does not bog and it has not backfired. I checked the plug and it doesn't look like it's running too hot, but it is a little gray. So....what do you guys think? Is my main jet too lean? Too rich? Should I raise my needle? If it's my jet what size should I get? I was thinking maybe clip my needle in the next richer position and get a 155 main. I'm new to jetting and needle adjustments so I just want some advice so I can maybe avoid buying the wrong jets

with your mods i dont see a 152.5 being needed...maybe more like a 147.5 or 150, i dont know your elevation but even the 152.5 is a tad to rich for mine.

Latest posts

Back