warrior HELP?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

absolute141

Reaction score
i have a 2002 warrior, starts and runs, but dies out from the touch of gas, i was advised the problem was the parking brake, i disconnected it, bypassed it, everything, but it still dies, could the problem be the cdi box..........any ideas ?????? please help

Is it getting too much or not enough fuel....sounds like a carb problem to me.....jet is clogged somewhere.......the parking brake issue will still allow it to run but it will break up here and there and cause you to wonder what it is....just need to unplug it at the bars.....

i rebuilt the carb, all jet are clean and clean, all electric connections were tested with a meter and are good.......when it's running, the idol is all over the place no matter how much i play with the choke and idol screw..........but it's lean......maybe to much air or fuel?????or cdi box or other electric issue??????

Sounds like a cracked intake manifold. They are a combination of aluminum and rubber, and the rubber tends to crack in the middle causing an air leak which causes exactly what you're describing. I had 2 of them crack on my warrior in the time I owned it and just replaced one on my buddy's warrior last weekend. In a pinch you can repair them with a little silicone sealant and some electrical tape, that'll last a few months, but the real solution is to replace them, only about $30 new.

well i ordered the intake manifold $30, it should be here in few days....see what happens

absolute141 said:
well i ordered the intake manifold $30, it should be here in few days....see what happens

i would have probably checked it for cracks first.... but if you got new one coming already, at least you will know its brand new and we can rule that out

it idles, and when it idling i sprayed the manifold with starting fluid, and it idled up and down then stalled, so it's either cracked or it needs a new gasket, either way, $30 isn't that much...

oh right on... i'd say your right on the money then.... you get that baby replaced you should find greatness!

i hope so i paid $900,for an 02 warrior, i thought that was a damn good deal........exspecially if it's a $30 fix, i also change the front and back brakes, greased it, soaked the chain in oil, now hopefully i can ride it.

Back