warrior direct shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I just got a yz250f shifter for my raptor and it seem to be too long. With the arch of my foot on the peg my toes barely miss it. Is there difference between the raptor's and the warrior's shifter setups? Does it matter that it is for 06-10 models? Is there a shifter that fits the raptor better?

thanks

Last edited:
Should be the same it's the same motor. You got the yz250f shifter? Got small feet?

Dont quote me on it, but if memory serves me right the raptors they moved the peg down and back a bit for a little bit more of an ergonomic seated position.

shark, I did the direct shifter mod on my raptor and yes, I cannot shift it if the arch of my foot is on the peg. Just takes a little while to get used to. I have size 12 feet and I miss it by about 1/2" to 1" if my arch is on the peg, so I have just adjusted my foot position while im quick shifting through the gears.

I wear size 10 shoes so they are about average. My shifter was working fine but the linkage broke on my last ride so I figured that I would just upgrade to the direct shifter. I think that I will just replace the linkage for now and look for a shorter shifter at spring Carlisle.

Make one like mine out of a blaster shifter, it is just in the right spot, like directly where the stocker was. I can post a pic if you need it.

Just get a MSR Banshee shifter and bend it to your hearts content and it will be perfect.

Yes i am wondering if anyone knows if a yz450f shifter would work on the same mod or if it would be to big. thanks in advance. and yes would be on a 2001 yamaha warrior 350

Last edited:
Alex. Post a pic of your blaster shifter. I have one laying around I'd like to make work.

This is the old set up I was using when I still had the pull start on mine. It is a steel banshee shifter bent to fit, cut and welded back together for proper width and comfort. I have since removed the pull start and added a 2010 yzf 250 shifter. I have this shee shifter just laying on my bench if anyone wants it.
DSCF0659_zps36f0e808.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back