warrior direct shifter

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000warrior350

Reaction score
Nope, not a direct shifter, just a generic picture that tusk uses for all their shifters regardless of model. If you order it what you will get is an aluminum copy of the stock one but with the folding end, which is just stupid to have on a quad. It still uses the ball and cup linkage, actually I think it requires that you re-use the old link. In the listing it says it's built to OEM specs and that is correct. If you want a real direct shifter you'll still need to order the one for the yz.

^ I don't think so but my lil bro just got a KX, I suppose I could try and see. Or let this guy buy one and try it out.

yea it will work .. there is a guy on here runnin one (ill try to find his name )

also i made my own for my 2000 warrior out of the stock one i broke , i made it with a big enough offset so that it would clear the recoil starter i put on it too

...ohh just so u know .. it will not work it you use a recoil starter ... it doesnt clear it

you can modify a banshee shifter to work, i believe there is a thread on here to use it, it will also clear the oil cooler setup if you are using that

opps........the kx250 shifterDOES NOT WORK!!!! it hits the plastic cover .... it may work if u bend it a bit ... but i WILL NOT WORK as is ...i know i said it did b4 but , thta was a but premature , i installed it and it will not clear the plastic side case cover

Thank you for updating the thread. I am trying to do something direct on my 87 and need to work around the recoil box. With no welding experience I am not sure what to do.

Tusk shifter is direct!

I just purchased one on ebay. It was only $23, so I thought I get one for "Bling". I'll post again after I install and try it out. So, Once I made the purchase the seller email mail me saying, "that I have to remove the stock shifter and linkage. And install the shifter directly to the shift spline". So this would make it a "Direct" shifter. I been reading more about it ,and there are few complaints about the folding part to become a hassle after several uses (example would fold up while riding and you have to play with it to keep it still. Hope this is not true. I read many replys "it makes shifting smoother", so cross my fingers.....that what I'm kinda getting it for, not saying that I suck at shifting, I just want to upgrade the ugly stock and have a shifter with quicker response, if thats possible.

i took an old rm250 shifter and heated it up then put it in my vice and pulled/bent it to it and now its perfect!

There is no this year to this year for the yz250 shifter is there? I wanna grab one and I have been reading but when I'm on eBay some look like they have more "bend" then others.

you over payed......$15v will get you a yz250 shifter......only prob i had was i had 2 remove 1 hex nut off stator cover......no big deal.......yamahauer has his lower and didnt have that problem

Latest posts

Back