warrior compression?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extreme613

Reaction score
Does anyone know the standard compression of a warrior. I have 175psi is that alright or is it highier for them

thanks

That sounds pretty high stock, I don't do a lot of internal engine work and haven't done any compression checks on one but I think you're usually looking for around 130 to 150 with a stock one in good working order.

I'd say you either have a high compression piston in there or some severe carbon buildup.

johncam25 said:
Does anyone know the standard compression of a warrior. I have 175psi is that alright or is it highier for them

thanks

sounds to me like it has a high compression piston in it or a lot of carbon build up like greg said. 125 psi is around stock and 9:2.1.

it makes a difference when you check the compression... if it is hot it will read higher... maybe thats how you got that high?.. also different guages are going to read different amounts... think about it... ig the hose from the spark plug hole to the actual guage is a foot long your going to have a differnt number than one that is 2 inces...... i think thats why alot of times you seem people talking about leakdown instead... i bought a leakdown tester at harbor frieght for like $30... i havent used it yet but someday im sure ill need to

Back