Warrior chain roller rattles

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJCaldie

Reaction score
I have a 99 warrior. i bought some new rollers for it about a year ago with the after market slider all from moose. when i ride it sounds like ive got rocks rolling around back there. ive decided that its without a doubt the chain rollers. they have a noticeable gap between the shaft, like about a good 1/8 inch. i dont know why but evidently im not running any of those plastic sleeves the assembly drawings show.i talked to my parts shop two weeks ago and they ordered me two more rollers. when i got them today, they turned out to be the exact same part.

i noticed there are those rollers with bearings in them sitting on the shelf, but would they even work for my bike with the built in pin to the swingarm? should i ask parts to order me some OEM bushings for my aftermarket rollers? im just kind of confused with whats going on down there and im tired of buying parts that were made for my quad but dont work.

-OR-

is there something better out there that doesn't rattle and annoy the crap out of you that any of you guys use? i noticed duneracerweston turns out a roller, but thats $15/ea, and do you have to have to have that sleeve? im sure he could turn me one with a smaller hole anyways.

thx for any opinions

The DRW rollers have a warranty and don't use that sleeve, they are one peice. They are the best of the best dude. Do you have any pics you can post up of it?

P1030524_zps2720e923.jpg

Last edited:
AHAH!!! that took me forever to properly embed a pic

P1030522_zps40ebcde2.jpg

Here's the new and old one. evidently Moose thought it necessary to lighten up the roller?idk
P1030520_zps309a23c4.jpg

its really hard to tell but i guess it just needs the sleeve with these rollers. ill probably have that DRW guy set me up. those case savers look real slick too. ill feel accomplished for supporting somebody on this site instead of just reap its knowledge.

Yeah dude go with the DRW ones, you are running stock posts too, so I don't know why those rollers aren't working? Huh.

i just as well assumed an aftermarket part might take care of the sleeve. oh whell

by stock post do you mean people actually cut that post off of the frame and drill a new hole or something? idk about anyone else that would give me the jibbers!

ok, so ive been looking around and a TMdesign kit looks awesome! i found this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TM-ATV-Slide-N-Guide-Kit-Yamaha-Warrior-Black-Swingarm-/400251333627?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d30d6abfb&vxp=mtr

is this what i want if i go with TM or is there a better price out there?
i already have a Moose sliderand i dont know if i really want to remove the swingarm to put something else on.
https://www.denniskirk.com/moose/atv-chain-slider.p271427.prd/271427.sku

where does anyone else go to get these parts?

No the posts break off, the DRW one don't require anything, just bolt and go dude no sleeve. The tm design works ones locked up on me.

woa! that's kinda scary. sounds weird because so many people rave over them. i don't think i need to question your maintenance and the bike being garage kept or not.

Back