warrior carb tuning problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No instructions or paperwork with them. They are plain jane tusk aftermkt. Also after rebuild a lot of guys say to switch to petro oil from synthetic for first 20-100 miles before switching back to synthetic. O assume this is to get the rings to seat better against the wall of the jug, is that right?

Gen1 you mean the intake boot from carb to cylinder?

^^thanks so intake boot and carb. Are the designs and workings of the rappy carb a noticable difference?

you will either have to mod your throttle cable or get the raptor throttle cable too. i didnt go to the raptor carb for power gains, i did it because for some reason i just couldnt get the stock warrior carb to tune, dont know why just couldnt, so the raptor carb is a simpler design with no accel pump, but seeing as in i will never have the quad on a track just in the woods and farting around in feilds i wont miss it, but now that i got a 165 main and 25 pilot in the raptor carb this bike is a beast!! the throttle is very crisp even despite the lack of accell pump. when riding season arrives i got a couple buddies with filter,pipe,jetted 400ex's that id like to see how i fair against, not expecting to beat them just looking to compare

For kicks pull the slide insert out of the stock carb. You take the slide out from the top, and you will see two tamperproof torx screws holding the plastice insert in the carb body. Take them out, and with the float bowl off, hold the carb body and apply downward pressure against the main jet. Make sure you are holding it square, and it will pop the insert out. It is shaped Y (actually looks more like a BBQ squewer). Once out, inspect the two o-rings on the outside of the tube. Bet they are damaged...

Last edited:
Yes I am. I had a similar issue with mine. Found both those o-rings shot. Fuel gets past them and into the ventura of the carb and runs SUPER rich. Also, make sure there are no rubber pieces stuck in the pilot jet circuit going to the mixture screw. Hard to see, but it can be done.

I have a 01 worrior 350 an I just put an new carb on it an when it fires up it revs like your holding the throttle down all the way but i am not it's so high i half to shut it off any ideas ?

I have a 01 worrior 350 an I just put an new carb on it an when it fires up it revs like your holding the throttle down all the way but i am not it's so high i half to shut it off any ideas ?
I am having the exact same issue other than my carb is stock and just pulled it off and gave it a real good cleaning. I put it back on and fired it up and it just screams.

Back