Warrior blue smoke

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
I was clocking my brother and whenever he would accelerate a little bit of blue smoke would come out. I dont think its my valve seals, my dad said there is oil leaking on the pipe or its too rich. But i'm not sure.

You said it's a two stroke? If so, that would be because the two strokes burn oil with the fuel for lubrication.

Its not a 2 stroke cause he mentioned valve seals lmao.

But anyway most likely its either rings or valve seals.

Because the smoke makes it look similiar to how a 2-stroke smokes. At least that's how I took the statement.
~Bill

if it goes away as it gets warmer its usually seals - if it stays smoking its normally the rings (MOST OF THE TIME NOT ALWAYS).

Yeah, isnt it when you accelerate and blue smoke comes out mean you have bad valve seals?

Just the opposite. When you decelerate (close the throttle) intake vacuum increases, which will suck oil past bad valve seals and into the combustion chamber. When you see blue smoke during acceleration (nabbing the throttle) it's bad rings.

~Ronbo

well the motor is getting old so I would be suprised if it didnt do that. But I dont think I wanna be putting new rings and valve seals on just yet. Ill wait till I pay my bro his $400 then I can start putting some **** on it. I already got a little started by getting some nerfs.

Back