Warrior 350 Wont Start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998WarriorNV

Reaction score
My old 98' warrior is giving me fits. I had put it up for a while and when I went to fire her up I got nothing. No crank, no start. I can turn it over if I arc out the starter solenoid and I have lights too. I don't have spark let alone power to the coil. I Just finished putting on a new CDI box which I've heard is one of the Achilles heels on these quads and still nothing. I've also heard that the stator might be an issue but I wanted to get some extra info before I go spending anymore money.

Thanks in advance

I've only seen a bad cdi box maybe once. First for no crank, if it'll turn over when you arc the relay that means either the relay was bad or the start button. I just went through the same thing after my quad sat for years and it was the button. Next is spark, check the resistance of your stator and coil.

Did you check spark by having sparkplug in cap or did you check it with the sparkplug cap removed? could be a fouled sparkplug, try another one, check sparkplug cap too. i've have seen many bad sparkplug caps over the years of working on these things. if not neither of these then its time to pull out the old multimeter like you said. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back