Warrior 350 '87 Ball Joint

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelpesch

Reaction score
Hello all!

I picked up a 1987 Warrior 350 for very cheap. It had roughly 50 hours on it when purchased but it sat for a long time under a tree with a tarp.
Runs great, top end/lower sound, replaced every seal bushing and gasket on the engine/frame. I ran into an issue with this specific model.

This is the model with the removable ball joints that thread out but I cannot find reasonably priced ball joints for it, it's crazy, the cheapest ones are $100 each!
Hopefully one of the wizards on this forum can give me a hand, I'm perfectly fine with grinding the threads out and sourcing a press in style that fits, Just need some direction here.

Thanks Yall,
Michael P
NJ

I looked on rocky mountain atv and they sell the ball joints for 91 each. if you`re going to keep the quad for a while I would just get the new ball joints.

Is the ball joint itself bad or were the threads to secure it bad? I had a set of threads on my lower A-arms break and with a little work i put a ball and post from a 660 Raptor in my A-arm. 1992 Warrior though, without 'replaceable' ball joints.

Is the ball joint itself bad or were the threads to secure it bad? I had a set of threads on my lower A-arms break and with a little work i put a ball and post from a 660 Raptor in my A-arm. 1992 Warrior though, without 'replaceable' ball joints.

Thanks for replying,
The threads are fine, they have been replaced once in the past, the ball joint had loads of slop in them

I looked on rocky mountain atv and they sell the ball joints for 91 each. if you`re going to keep the quad for a while I would just get the new ball joints.

Just kills me $400 for tiny ball joints. Theyre 35$ a pair for moog ones for my tahoe. Its crazy

Back