Warn 424 HELP HELP!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolvyRida

Reaction score
Hello all!!! I jus recently bought a 04 wolverine and was lucky enough to find one with the warn 424 on it. Well I've been havin problems gettin it to lock in to take it outta 4wd, and wanted to relocate the switch somewhere else so I was takin the switch apart to clean it and when I pulled the inner pin out I lost that little ball that sits in there. I'm guessing that ball was what allowed it to lock so unless I can manage to find that little ball that rolled off of the porch to god knows where (which I will be goin thru that dirt like there's a million dolly tiny diamond in it somewhere lol) I believe I'm sittin pretty crappy!! The replacement cables are pretty expensive and we haven't been doin that great financially so that's not gonna be ab option for awhile, does anyone have any insight on how I would go about trying to find a replacement ball??? Or somewhere that has cheap replacement cables?

This may be a long shot but most good hardware stores in my area that have the self serve drawers full of nuts, bolts etc. also have loose ball bearings. the problem is that the one on the 424 is really small. Don't know if they'll have one that small. If we knew exactly what size it is I know of a bearing supply house in Newburgh NY that i'm sure could get them. If I take mine apart to lube it I will measure the ball. If I remember correctly there is a tiny spring that pushes the ball into its detent, did you loose that also? I have thought about replacing that plunger knob with some sort of lever because I also have problems getting it to snap into the "out" position sometimes, oiling it up helps for a while.

Jus fixed it!!!!! I ground down the end of a socket wrench extension n took that little locking ball out n used it, only took me 2 extensions to find one that worked lol I think its a tiny bit smaller than the one I lost but the sleeve that goes over it keeps it from fallin out!! Soooo incrediably happy that I don't have to try n find a new cable lol appreciate the great ideas, I'm sure one of em woulda worked for sure lol

Back