Warn 4-2-4 Select

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else have the mounts break on the 4-2-4? I've seen them break and it's not nice in the trail. When the mount breaks the 424 will turn with the shaft and pretty much take out your header. Mount for this item needs to be heavily modified. It is a nice item but not built for wolvy bashers!! Trust me. I've heard alot of great stories about the 424 and alot of bad stories, seen it for myself twice so far.

The only problem that I had with my Warn 424 happened during the first winter of utilization. Each time I had put the unit in 2wd, the knob would slide back so I ended up in 4wd. The problem was the button on the knob was very slow to return to its position thus preventing the unit to lock in 2wd. All I had to do was to put a little bit of grease on the seal. Since then it has worked flawlessly.

I think this is the same problem i am having with mine. I will pull it out and it wont lock but i have figured out that if i use visegrips to pull it, it will lock into place, but the pain is when im out on the trail i dont want vise's with me all the time, so my question is where is it that you put the grease?

I am curious about this too. After recently installing mine, I thought the brace setup was a little weak, and wondered if anyone out there has devised a better way of bracing it than the Warn setup. Anyone?

I wish i could help with some sort of input, I havent been able to find a 424 kit for my 99 wolvy to even buy yet. :(

I really want one !

I have finally found one for sale. It says it is for an '00-'03. Does anyone know if this will also fit an '05. I have found other listings in all sorts of places on line. some say for '00-'03, some '00-'04, and some for '00-'05. If it will fit i would love to get it!

Thanks.

There are no more of these and if you find one the seller wants 400 dollars. I will stay in four wheel drive.

R U saying they want 400 for a used one or a new one. I knew when i got mine and paid $430 U.S dollars for it i expected I would be able to get a extra one and sell it on ebay since the old Wolverine 350 is IMO is the best ATV to have this MOD of the 424 . I guess im going to loose my shirt on it but Im going to put it on ebay at my friends house since i cancelled my Paypal account and cant reopen it through the same IP address .

My spare on i got is new in the box I to ensure there was no damage and everything was there. mine is the newer on thats says 00-04' but we all now it fits the 05's too.

I have finally found one for sale. It says it is for an '00-'03. Does anyone know if this will also fit an '05. I have found other listings in all sorts of places on line. some say for '00-'03, some '00-'04, and some for '00-'05. If it will fit i would love to get it!

Thanks.

Im 100% sure it will work on your 05' . Congrats on finding one bro!

mine will be listed 2morrow by 2pm edt on ebay and is new but I did open the box bidding will start at $300 Usd so im losing my ass on it but money problems do arise and oh well i guess

Back