Warn 4-2-4 Select

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolverine350rider

Reaction score
Hi,

I saw so many wolverines with the 424 select, that I figured it was time to order one. I myself love to ride fast, jump, wheelie, bycicle, and pretty much just like to ride it like its a true sport. And with the 4x4 always engadged, I really couldnt ride the machine to its full potential. The 424 helps that a ton! With the 424 installed, the quad steers much lighter, handles better, and there is a little better acceleration due to just 2 wheels turning, instead of pulling 3 or 4 wheels.

I got an awesome deal from www.4atvtires.com of $229 (usd) with free shipping.

This product get 2 thumbs up! :D

All other 424 owners are welcome to chime in.

John

Yup, I agree on all points. The 424 and my E2 exhaust are tied for first as my favorite mods so far. The 424 is bulletproof as well, very few people report any problems at all. Usually the only problems you ever hear about center around dirt getting in the selector knob and causing it to stick. A simple cleaning will fix that quickly and easily.

I cant believe the difference it made on my wolverine, feels much sportier

I have installed a Warn 424 unit on my Wolverine almost two years ago. If you think the Wolverine is sporty in 4wd than wait until you try one in 2wd, it will definitively bring a big smile :D on your face. If I had known in 2002, how much fun a Wolverine is on 2wd, the Warn 424 would have been the first part installed on my Wolverine .

same here Steve. i got my wolverine in June of 05, and rode it in 4x4 until this Febuary. I cant belive i didnt get it sooner.

I couldn't agree more! My husband bought me my Wolverine for my birthday two years ago (great present, right?). I got the quad in February and asked for the unlocker for a Christmas present. What a difference it makes! My husband rides a Raptor 660, so it's great to be able to take it out of 4x4 and ride donuts in the sand with him. The turning and turning radius is greatly improved also. However, the 4x4 comes in handy because I've had to pull him out of mud a couple of times (we installed a tow hook too).

I agree. This is one of the best mods you can make on this machine. I'd recomend doing this as one of the first modifications to your machine.

Mine did get stuck last year and it was a bummer riding around in 4wheel drive all day. I found that the gasket around the sliver button was sticking and not allowing the unit to lock into 2wd. A little white lithium grease solved the problem.

The machine is a different animal in 2wheel drive. The steering is much lighter and it's easy to slide around corners.

You have to:
-remove the front bumper
-remove the front drive shaft guard
-slide the two boots of the front drive shaft (don't scrap it)
-buy a circlip pliers
-remove the two circlips (don't scrap it either)
-remove the two bolts under the front differential
-pull the front diff. gently foward while removing the drive shaft
-put the 424 in place with grease on both ends with existing boots
-pass the handle thru the bumper hole
-etc..

than reverse the process

the only problem it got is scrapping the one way two lock nuts of the front diff wich i replace with similars with blue lock-tite

it's not hard to do

No problem!

Just to add a bit to this thread. Warn is a great company. Like I mentioned, I had an issue with mine staying locked in 4WD. I called their tech line and spoke with someone. He was confused as to why it was happening, but they sent me a new internal cam...for nothing.

The only problem that I had with my Warn 424 happened during the first winter of utilization. Each time I had put the unit in 2wd, the knob would slide back so I ended up in 4wd. The problem was the button on the knob was very slow to return to its position thus preventing the unit to lock in 2wd. All I had to do was to put a little bit of grease on the seal. Since then it has worked flawlessly.

Yeah, I didn't have to remove the bumper either. Also, they claim it takes 2 hours....only one for me AND no left over parts (and that's a good thing).

Machete <><

i didn't have to remove any body work or bumper either. took me about and hour. the worst part was the bolts that hold the front diff on. they were tight!!!!

Latest posts

Back