Venom 2000 winch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mentolio

Reaction score
You gotta wonder "how can I go wrong with a winch for $120.00 with postage?" I finally used the bugger, and I must say it ain't terrible. I think it mounts kinda low in the chassis for my taste ("...6 month warranty is VOID if winch is submerged" :? ...are they serious?), and it may have a bit too much wire rope on the spool ( I cut mine down to about 25' after completely ruining the first 25 feet!) My only REAL complaint is that the bracket that holds the spool in place can spread apart, and allow the spool to pull out. Admittedly, mine did this because I wasn't watching the cable as I was pulling, and some of the cable got "wadded-up" between the spool and the bracket. My fault...but it came apart easily, and was back in action in no time. Las time I went out, this winch really saved my bacon. Bottom line is...if you've got the money, buy something better (Warn 1.5 is very nice). If you're "on a budget" (broke like me) and you need a winch, the Venom ain't bad.

I agree. I have actually had no problems other than finding metal shavings in the switch. Cleaned it out, and its been great since. My next winch will be a Gorrila 3000, completely sealed.

winch

i have always wondered how those venom winches hold up. i need a new switch for my 2000lb warn and thats gunna cost me 50 bucks. i was almost thinking buying one of those 3000lb venoms for a few more bucks. but if it cant go under water i definetly dont want it!!! does it seem to pull good or does it bogg down at all? also where did u mount the contactor? i cant find a good place to mount a contactor so im just gunna get the heavy duty switch. i just wonder how long it will last?????

A few of the guys I ride with have them. Some have said it's good to lube the gears because they don't use to much grease from the factory.

Back