Trail ride tool kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorNewbie

Reaction score
I am new to the sport and I plan on doin almost exclusively trail riding. I want to put together a toolkit to carry with me in case of breakdown or part failure. I'm lookin to keep it as small as possible to fit in a backpack or strap to the oem rear grab bar. So what does very one always keep with them for a ride through the woods. Plz b as specific as possible and include pics if u can

stock tool kit, make sure ya got a keyring on your quads key, multitool/leatherman, some tie wire and THE HOLY GRAIL OF WHAT YOU WILL NEED a tow strap haha(my buddy carries the strap on his utility with "the cooler" :)). Thats about all I pack on my 50 mile + rides! knock on wood no trail breakdowns that couldn't be fixed trail side yet but I have pulled guys out with my strap many times! and If an a-arm or ball joint goes five miles in the brush, that tie wire and strap will be worth its wieght in gold!!!

Walmart sells a small kit that fits under your seat near the battery. Has your basic metric 10, 12 wrenches. Also a flat and standard screwdriver. In addition, maybe a small set of metric wrenches. You don't need anything huge if you take care of your quad after riding.

Rock, isn't that just a replacement OEM toolkit?

yea its def the stock tool kit, they are VERY important on a ride! and will get you out of a jam!

Bring beer and a cell phone, if something happens you can use the phone to call the wife to come get you and beer to pass the time till she gets there bitchin...

:laughup: I hear that. But was lookin for what I should bring to avoid calling her. If I wanted to talk to wife I would buy her a war dog or stay home!

We did a thread on this a couple weeks ago. It is probably on the next page of this forum.

Thank pat. I must have missed it. That was exactly wat I was lookin for

Back