Too Many Connections

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelphrey

Reaction score
This problem has started to become more and more obvious with the large amount of new members signing up. I get the "Too Many Connections: There are too many connections to this server. Please check back again in 30 seconds" all the time. We share the server, so not only the traffic here can affect it, but traffic from other forums on this server.

However I contacted an Administrator at ProBoards which if you didn't know they host this forum.

This is the exact message:
Pelphrey Wrote:
Once on a server is there anyway to move to a different sever with less traffic? And if so will content be lost? Http://yfm350central.com which is on server 31 has grown quite a bit over the last few months, and here recently members are getting the "Too Many Connections" page often. Thank you for your time on behalf of yfm350.

Patrick Clinger (Admin at ProBoards) Wrote:
We work to balance servers out, so those that get the TMC too often have boards transferred off automatically to balance that load.

They have many servers, and are well aware of the problem.

http://www.proboards.com/server_status.html
The link above is the status of the servers. We are server 31.

I know this can be very irritating, please be patient.

Thanks Pelphrey

lol, thanks for TRYING to get it fixed*more then what i woulda done :-/* lol thanks again, that crap is annoying, i try to post and that thing shows up.

Yes it is very annoying. I was just reading a post on the proboards forums, and a guy posted this his forums got that connection error for 5 hours. Now that would really piss me off. I can deal with having to refresh a couple of times, but 5 hours would cause withdraw..

look what came up on me RIGHT before i was gonna post something in this thread! :mad: :mad: :mad:
.............................................photobucket takes forever.........................o its done lol

fuckina.jpg

5 hours!!!!!!!! id never return if i had to wait that long, i could start my own website in 5 hours!

just so yoiu know, it sez aint that a bitch on the top left :p ::)

5 hours!!!!!!!! id never return if i had to wait that long, i could start my own website in 5 hours!

That’s not something I wanted to hear. But I am doing my best to get the problem fixed so this doesn't escalate into a 5 hour ordeal.

[quote:ntrcgw4y]

That’s not something I wanted to hear. But I am doing my best to get the problem fixed so this doesn't escalate into a 5 hour ordeal. [/quote:ntrcgw4y]

sarcasism :p. 5 hours is kinda lonng but seriously, what other site lets my curse all i want to and has nothing but warriors and raptor 350's ;Dif it means anything, i get all my warrior info from you guys :'("moment of silence).

Thats more like it. And yes having the freedom of speech on this forum is very nice.

I never really get this error, i think i have got it one or 2 times. Its really annoying when it happens though. Good luck getting it fixed, id offer to help you out but im not good with this server stuff. But if there is some way i can help just drop me a line.

Well fixing it is not up to anyone except for the admins at proboards. I guess the only true way to fix it is to get A LOT of traffic on this site so that they will move use to a server not so busy. But like I said they are aware of it. I will keep you guys posted.

And thanks DSW for offering to help..

I just checked the forums at proboards where the admin posted this:

Craig Suffolk
ProBoards.com Staff
I have taken signups off that server, so the TMC should start to disappear now.

This means that no one can sign up to host a forum on server 31. This should solve the problem. It may take a couple of days so in advance thanks you for your patience.

If not, what about getting rid of the 6hr log in?

I don't think anyone would mind if they had to sign in after 2 or 4 hrs.

That would free up connections wouldn't it? (I don't know how it all works) We used to manage software licenses in this manner.

Just a thought.

all that means is that you don't have to enter your password again for 6 hrs, your computer is only connected to the server while yfm350central is opened up in your web browser, so it wouldn't make a difference

all that means is that you don't have to enter your password again for 6 hrs, your computer is only connected to the server while yfm350central is opened up in your web browser, so it wouldn't make a difference

Not even that - there is a TCP "time out/time_wait" period (how long depends on the server normally a min or so). With your browser opened you don’t retain a connection with the server for more then a min or so in a browser idle state.

If this doesn't solve the problem, then pro boards will notice this problem and move forums elsewhere on their 62 servers to even out the load.

Back