Tire recommendation

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SonicXtasy

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

New to the forum because I just purchased an 01 Warrior. It appears to have been garage kept with low hours and still has lots of tread on its original tires. I want to replace the tires due to their age and I want better traction. I will be riding mostly in the Ocala national forest which has everything from hard pack trails and muddy ruts to sugar sand. I do not plan on mudding, we usually avoid mud but want a tire that can deal with it some if it has to. There will be lots of sand so it has to handle it well. I am still on the fence about 22 vs 20". I will be trying to hang with side x sides on trial riding if that matters.

I am considering some ITP Holeshot XCT in 22x11x9 on Motosport for $82 each. Trying to stay on a budget. Not sure about fronts yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

I ended up ordering the 22" Holeshot XCTs and XC for the front. Motosport shipped out the fronts and 1 rear and the other rear was on backorder with no eta. I did not want to wait so I called them and had the cancel the XCT rears and ordered the GBC XC Masters. 1 XCT and 1 XC Master arrived yesterday (other GBC will had to come from a different warehouse).

Wow what a difference in the tread. The knobs on the GBC were almost twice as tall as the Holeshot XCT. It just looked to be a much more aggressive tire. Just short of ripping off a a knob or some other defect I am sure these will perform and last. I forgot to take a picture before I packaged the Holeshot up to send back. Thanks.

Back