timing chain install

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbee

Reaction score
Am I missing something or is it just really hard to install the timing chain on the cam sprocket?

I rebuilt the whole topend so everything but the flywheel is off ,I put the topend back together ,installed the camshaft and cant get the chain around the sprocket to install on the cam, the tensioner is out....it keeps getting jamed on the removeable chain slide?????????that slide has to be in before you slide the sprocket back on right?

ok so I got the chain on engines all back together fired it up and it started leaking oil inbetween head and jug while its running ? what did I do?

never mind I got it ,Im a idiot......it looks like Im having a 1 way conversation...

yeah I think so , its running good ,lots of power but if I rev it slow it does fine if I hit it real quick it bogs down,but idles fine and starts fine?

yeah I think so , its running good ,lots of power but if I rev it slow it does fine if I hit it real quick it bogs down,but idles fine and starts fine?

you might have oiled the filter to much. did the same to mine when i cleaned and reoiled it...

Is it a good idea to replace the timing chain if its 20+ years old? lol Im pretty sure mine is orig from 87. I got it apart for a rebuild now.

Hey there I have to replace my timing chain. Atleast I think I do from what I've read it seems to be the chain so on that note.

What am I gonna need besides the chain will I need any gaskets and or stuff like that ?

Latest posts

Back