Timing chain guide has me stumped!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jt1126

Reaction score
I’m rebuilding an old warrior 350 that’s been sitting around for about 8 years. Everything looks good on the inside and I’m about to the point of trying to crank it up (this is my first build). Im trying to get the timing chain guide back on (not the one touching the tensioner) and I’m just looking for some tips. The bottom end crank shaft is all right and solid but someone stripped out the 6 bolts to get to the timing chain/guides. I can kind of get my fingers behind it and I can feel the seat for the guide but It doesn’t want to latch on. I really don’t want to drill out all 6 bolts just to get a better look and I can’t find ANYTHING online about installing these. So I guess my question is, is it supposed to be loose and able to just pull right out or should it be latching on?

Is the picture u took above is what it supposed to look like? I tuck Mines in the head and it don’t seat properly

Back