this is not good.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we dont know yet, we are still tryin to figure it out. Maybe a bad battery or somethin. We had a multimeter, or w/e its called and we know it isnt the stator. So its just trial and error until we figure it out.

we dont know yet, we are still tryin to figure it out. Maybe a bad battery or somethin. We had a multimeter, or w/e its called and we know it isnt the stator. So its just trial and error until we figure it out.

Time to start simple - I would sand/file your battery posts and ring terminals down a bit to reveal "new" metal. You would be VERY suprised how easy it is for a poor connection to make it not run and seem "dead". The next thing to do is to test/replace the fuse/fuse holder.

ok, i did notice that it blows fuses once in a while. Im guessing this is not normal.

No if you're blowing fuses and you're using the correct size fuse something is wrong. The fuse allows enough current to run the headlights, activate the starter solenoid, and I even have grip heaters running on the main fuse and it doesn't blow a fuse. Is there a certain time when it always blows the fuse? Like when you turn the headlights on or hit the starter button?

Well one time i had my quad running, then i pulled it out of the shop, and right when i turned the headlights on it died. And i looked and the fuse was toast. I didnt look at the fuse sizes...i didnt know they were differemt, but i just threw one in there that i had.

if the fuse blew when you turned the headlights on you might have a bare wire going to one of your headlights, and it shorted to ground and blew the fuse. You definitely need to put the right size fuse in, it should be a 15 amp.

On glass fuses the ratings are on the metal end caps, usually they will have a voltage rating and an amp rating. You want to get an automotive fuse with a rating of 15 amps, it will probably say something like '15A' on one of the ends.

My guess is that you have water in a lot of your plastic plug connectors; dry them out and fill them with dielectric grease. Cut that damn fuse holder off and solder in a "blade type" water proof fuse holder (can be purchased at RadioShit for around $3.00). After this id run a continuity test on some main **** to make sure your ok on the primary cables/switches and then look for bare or nicked casing exposing your wire leads.

alright, Its at a friends house now. Im going over there later on tonight to work on it. Hopefully bring it home.

My guess is that you have water in a lot of your plastic plug connectors; dry them out and fill them with dielectric grease. Cut that damn fuse holder off and solder in a "blade type" water proof fuse holder (can be purchased at RadioShit for around $3.00). After this id run a continuity test on some main **** to make sure your ok on the primary cables/switches and then look for bare or nicked casing exposing your wire leads.

i am having the same problem he is but when i traced the wires there were no nicks or pinched or even bare spots on the wire. i did find however that the two wires going to my taillights (since i took my taillight off) my dad or me in a not thinking moment plugged the blue wire to the black wire. could this have caused it? or a bad connection. the battery is brand new i replaced it yesterday so i know my battery terminals are good

Back