The Build That Felt Like Forever!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharider

Reaction score
First off i would like to thank the entire yfm350 community for all the help along the way and i cannot express this enough but this is by far the best forum i have ever been to! Everybody is very helpful and answers questions (Even the dumb ones...). Now to the parts list of everything that i replaced on her.
-bored to 366
-JE 10.5:1
-Hot Cams Stage 1
-D.I.D. timing chain
-oil pump
-FCR carb
-itp front rims
-tech4 sti front tires
-oil cooler mod (delivered this week)
-air box with UNI filter
-O-ring chain
-sprockets
-roller kit
-Raptor 660 rear shock
-Banshee front shocks (need to install)
-taillight
-grab bar
-wiring harness
-and a bunch of misc. bolts, nuts, screws, and other hardware
This build has been full of messed up parts being delivered to things that i wouldn't even imagined! Mostly being the tailpipe starting on fire in Nicolet National Forest and having to pat it out with my shirt...
I just got done breaking it in today and the extra cc's and the cam definitely woke this machine up!
Again thank you everybody and keep doing what your doing and making this the best forum ever!

Attachments

• warrior 1.jpg
    warrior 1.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 51
  • warrior 3.jpg
    warrior 3.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 41
  • warrior 6.jpg
    warrior 6.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 34
  • warrior 9.jpg
    warrior 9.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 34
  • warrior 10.jpg
    warrior 10.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Dude really cool! Use photobucket; I wanna see more pics of your machine. Its hard to see with the thumbtiles. Love it! My quad the same year

Sweet

Dude that turned out "F"ing sweet. I just bought my first warrior this week and I am very excited about starting the rebuild. Im gonna use your bike as my inspiration! Great Job!

Dude really cool! Use photobucket; I wanna see more pics of your machine. Its hard to see with the thumbtiles. Love it! My quad the same year
Dude our machines are damn near identical! Going out riding this weekend definitely going to post more pics. I'm just jacked that i can finally ride!

Looks good. But I'd pull the staples back out of the seat and pull it way tighter.

Looks good. But I'd pull the staples back out of the seat and pull it way tighter.

Ya idk if it's already way too stretched out but when i put it on with the heat gun i got it stretched out and it looked nice but the staples came undone on one side so it came up like it is now. Then when i stretched it back it wouldn't go down all the way like it did the first time so it wasn't as bad but as it is now but it was still there. But now it came undone again even with 1/2in. staples so i just gave up so it will stay like that till it completely falls off. I need a new cushion anyways because the one on there is pretty beat up.

Took the ol' girl out today. Had a great time in the sand and the mud. Got back to the cabin and noticed that my pack that i had attached to my grab bar is gone. Went back down the trails and couldn't find it. So if you were driving in the northwoods of Wisconsin around Breed there's a little black backpack with my wallet phone and my riding kit. That would be nice to have back. And had a run in with the DNR where they told me to move my sticker because of the location at where it's in now i'm trying to block it from them. I'm not sure where a better place is then the gas tank other then a damn billboard but i guess ill try moving it further up on the gas tank.

That stinks you lost your pack! You really couldn't find it? Damn. That would ruin my day. What did you have it on? The rear grab bar?

Ya i have no idea where it went. We were at a place called the pipeline. It's just a bunch of dunes and mud pits. We were about to leave and i snapped a few pics put it back. I had 2 ratchet straps going around the grab bar holding the pack in place then a bungee cord thru the loop on my pack. The bungee must have came undone and it rattled off. I'm pissed mostly because i just got the new samsung galaxy s5 2 days ago! :argh:
But it was only 6 miles from the pipeline back to the cabin. So i turned around right away with my cousin and we looked everywhere and could not find it. I was crusing along in third gear. I looked on the left and my cousin on the right and could not find it so somebody probably picked it up.

That really blows hopefully whoever picked it up is a good simaritan and returns it or tries to

I paid $50 for mine but it was my buddies quad that he was parting out. But you can find them for $100 on ebay. Even if it was a $100 i would have bought it because that probably is the best bang for your buck mod i have on my quad and probably the most useful mod as well.

Well i had the ol' girl on craigslist for a few weeks now and somebody came to look at it today and she didn't want to leave... The guy showed up a little early and i didn't finish putting the oil in so i finished doing that as he watched. Then i went to start it and nothing.... So i get pissed because it ran great yesterday! Then i'm going over everything and i came to the conclusion that i have to push the reverse lever in or it wont stay running or start. So the guy just heard it idle but he still ended up buying it! So I would like to thank everybody for the journey with the ol' girl! It's been a hell of a time working on her. To date I've only gotten 3 rides on her over the almost 8 months. Btw 1998yamahawarrior, that oil cooler is BAD ASS!!! Too bad i don't get to use it. But this is by far the best forum I've ever been on!

Back