suspension

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broughsy01warrior

Reaction score
Hey guys my rear shock iS pretty much shot and I'm wondering what's the best shock to put in the the rear, I can't afford aftermarket like fox and elka, and what is good in the front?
Thanks,

Im running the 01 660 rear and banshee fronts and it's the smoothest ride ever love em.
with the 660 rear there is no nodding just bolt and go but banshee rear you have to mod the airbox so it will fit

Ok, with banshee shocks up front will I notice much of a difference? I heard that they are close to the same as the warriors shocks.

So I'm gonna hijack this thread for a few questions about rear shock adjustments..

The rear shock I have was set up for a bigger guy. It's really stiff, and the rebound is way out to lunch.. I'm not really sure how to set the preload on it either?

I guess what I'm asking is where to set the preload, and how far from the upper part of the threads should the spring be for my weight of 170lbs?
I mostly ride trails, and don't plan to air this thing out. I would rather have it a bit on the soft side..
I bought an adjuster wrench, and did loosen the spring off. But then the shock felt sluggish (the bound/rebound just seems slow).. Is it maybe cause its just an old tired shock???

you never ever remove the rezz line unless your in a suspension shop with know how.

I asked the atv shop how to and did it in there presence and then they recharged and topped off the oil in the rezz and shock for me for free and you can't just swap the line you need to swap the stock rezz and line from the warrior shock over to the 660 shock very easy when done right just need to hold the shock right so the line doesn't get any air in it

Latest posts

Back