Steering Stablizer

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ba9801

Reaction score
Anyone here run a steering stabilizer. I have been looking for one for my 87 Warrior but have not found one available. I have 2 CCP stabilizer on my wife's and my Honda 400ex's but they do not have on available for the 87 Warrior. The Streamline ones for the banshee look really nice but I am not sure the one from a banshee would fit. I believe Denton used to make one but I believe they are out of business. Anyone have any other ideas or links to any vendors that may have something available?

I run an old school pep stabilizer. I mean way old school, I actually need a new one, my only stabilize to the right, its pretty much blown out. I'm lookin into the streamline ones as well.

How exactly do these stick style stabilizers mount?
I have puck style ones on my Hondas

^ Nope not at all and if i saw someone in the trails whit that thing id laugh my ass off. That for Flatt track (TT) racers. It helps keeps your front end level when cruzing the circle. It takes out 90% of your articulation. Steering stabilizers hook to your steering stem and helps keep your tires straight or if you take a hit on one site it softens the tire steer blow.

P6150028.jpg

^mine is up from of the engine with the orange sticker on it.

The one I got from Gibson mounts towards the front of the bike, It looks a bit funny sticking out the front of the front plastics. I will get a pic up later today. It mounts to the part of the frame between the upper bumper bolt and the upper shock mount. The stabilizer is totally different than the Pep one you have. it is a slide style stabilizer. so it has a movable center rod that slips through the stabilizer body.
gibsonrbstab.jpg

Good stuff man.

I have a slide style one as well but the rod just isn't as long and get concealed inside the body. Even the newer peps do this as well. I like the look rather then having the rod stick out.

It may be that I have an 87 frame that has a different up frame tube from mount to mount than the 90-up bikes do. It probably fits better on them, most parts do as most are not made specific for the early frames.

Back