starting problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b_riggs04

Reaction score
ok guys i have a problem i cant point a finger at, it first started with my starter button quit workin an i havent really had time to mess with it so i jus grabbed a screw driver an crossed the solenoid that was all fine until today i tried it and got nothing no click no sound, or anything then i notice also that my nuetral light isint on an my headlights wont come on, ive checked fuses an cant find the problem im pretty sure i jus need a new solenoid but id like a few expert opinons before i spend any money

Is your battery good? Have you used a multimeter on it to check the voltage? Could be your whole prob. If it is good, then grab a test light, hook it to the negative on the batter, and touch it to the battery side of the solenoid. If it lights up you know that it is getting power from the batter to the solenoid. If not then you have a connection issue somewhere. If it is good then I'd grab a wiring diagram, see what wires get energized when the key is turned on, and start probing them to make sure they have power. You could also have a bad ground somewhere.

found out it was the battery even tho it was only a month old but didnt have a multimeter so i put some jumper cables on it an sure enough the nuetral light came on so i went ahead an crossed the solenoid and it fired right up but heres where the new problem occured. after i fired it up i tried turning on the headlight it was very dim for a second then the warrior jus died an this was with the jumper cables still hooked up there was once again no nuetral light and it wouldnt even spark when i hit the solenoid so i checked the fuse an it had blowed so im guessin thats y it quit workin but y would this happen by me jus turning on the headlights an how would that fuse being blown cause there to be nospark when i cross the solenoid

Sounds like there was too much draw on the system and that's why the fuse blew. Could also be that something is going to ground. Put a new battery and fuse in there and see how it goes. Getting a very good connection with cables is near impossible. You may not have any of these issues with a new battery installed, and all connections good and proper.

starting

I just had a similar problem. Replace the fuse, still no neutral light. Turned out to be a bad fuse. Looked good but was bad. replaced the second fuse and she started right up.

Back