Starter Motor Engagement Question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Todorow

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a weird symptom with my 1987 Warrior. The engine starts as usual with the electric start and runs good but when i go to turn it off, it sounds like the starter motor is disengaging. Which makes me think, is my starter motor staying engaged while the engine is running, and is this normal for an early model warrior.

I ran the atv for about 15 minutes and drove around a bit, it ran great. I just bought this atv recently so I have no past history to compare the starter sound I hear. The starer motor didn't seem hot after i turned the machine off.

Does anyone know if this is the starter sticking or something? Any help or insight into the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Do you have a pull start on it? If you pull the rope is it SUPER hard to pull and do you hear the starter spinning? If the answer is yes then you need a new oneway bearing and you should get the one from raptoroneway.com also you should get a new 52 tooth gear at this point because when they stick like that they are very worn.

Back