speed??

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryankach

Reaction score
how fast do u think a warrior with a pipe jet kit and air filter is?

Then with all my mods and a 14 tooth front with 22's i was hitting over 70????

You may have been but in stock form a 14T front sprocket with 22s takes SO long to top out it loses a lot of it's "quickness"

[quote:5ane0vn4]??? then how fast is one stock

About 61-62 stock and about 65 with a pipe/filter.[/quote:5ane0vn4]
A pipe wont allow you to top out any higher, only tires/sprockets will change that, the pipe will just allow you to get up to speed faster

[quote:jdquzg3f]

About 61-62 stock and about 65 with a pipe/filter.
A pipe wont allow you to top out any higher, only tires/sprockets will change that, the pipe will just allow you to get up to speed faster[/quote:jdquzg3f]

That is not entirely true because you need power to turn the sprocket to even achieve the speed the gearing ratio would have to offer you. You could put a 1,000 tooth front sprocket on the front if you had the power to turn it and go that fast... With a 14T front sprocket the intake/exhaust mods definitely help with some more top end. Yes the gearing on the quad acts as a bottle neck in your top speed but that’s providing that you had that power previously to even get to that gearing ratio limit...

Just because your gearing ratio offers you a potential lets say 75-80MPH doesn’t mean you have the power to get there; it is because of this a top end speed increase can be noticed with mods.

i think the guy b4 me put diff sizes on cause i go threw the grears so fast.....Death...thoes whoops at maybrooke, i find myself in 5th gear.

[quote:43nenaze]Then with all my mods and a 14 tooth front with 22's i was hitting over 70????

You may have been but in stock form a 14T front sprocket with 22s takes SO long to top out it loses a lot of it's "quickness"[/quote:43nenaze]

Yea i had that set-up, it did take a little longer to top out but i changed it because i could go through the 1st four gears and it didnt seem like i was going anywhere and i was shifting so fast i thought i may actually be loosing time. When i changed it the change was deffninitly noticible, but i could walk away from all 350 and below quads in 5th gear which was nice, then i had 6th as overdrive almost. It wasnt anything my quad couldnt handle thats for sure, what i needed to do was go to a 41 rear sprocket then that would have been a perfect set-up. I may just do this next time.

Back